AVIC411.com

8000NEX/Galaxy S6 edge connectivity

Just grabbed a new phone since my s5 kicked the bucket. Since my s5 was rooted, I was able to run Appradio Unchained, which would work a little in terms of connecting to the radio at all over an MHL connection.

Since my S6 isn't rootable (i'm on too late of a firmware for you android guys), I was just wondering which apps i should be getting from the myriad of them on the play store, as well as the best way to connect the phone to the radio so that I have some sort of integration. I've read that android auto is the best bet, or mirrorlink. I also read that android auto isn't necessarily supported on the 8000 but that a firmware update could aid that? If anyone else has this phone and has had some luck, please post up because I've had none so far. If it's worth the upgrade to the 8100nex, then that's also an option (i'm big on phone integration).

if i recall GS6 does not support MHL adapter, the only way to get your phone to HU without root is MirrorLink, i upgrade my S4 to Note 5 and i am using Samsung pay no root, and no root on ATT note 5 anyway.

Few thing you need install before you able to use MirrorLink.

1. Glympse

2. Glympse for Auto.

3. Buttom Savior (non root)

and to see it in action search youtube for my Note 5 mirror link, or some post in the forum.

Good luck.

if i recall GS6 does not support MHL adapter, the only way to get your phone to HU without root is MirrorLink, i upgrade my S4 to Note 5 and i am using Samsung pay no root, and no root on ATT note 5 anyway.

Few thing you need install before you able to use MirrorLink.

1. Glympse

2. Glympse for Auto.

3. Buttom Savior (non root)

and to see it in action search youtube for my Note 5 mirror link, or some post in the forum.

Good luck.

Upon further research, I can confirm that the GS6 has no MHL or HDMI output functionality. Kind of a step backwards that I was unaware of in terms of selecting my new phone, but I'm locked into that now and can't change that. Mirrorlink is supported however, according to Samsung. I was really hoping to try and get Android Auto running smoothly, as it looks like a very nice, integrated system, plus I would LOVE being able to use google maps over the stock navigation (stock navi is good, but no live traffic updates).

I'm very curious about gaining android auto functionality on my 8000nex, if possible. As I mentioned before, I did see mention of a firmware update bringing that to the 8000nex, but I'm not sure if the firmware mentioned was the 1.10 update from pioneer, or if I'm supposed to try and flash the 8000 with the 8100's firmware (also saw a mention of something similar to this, i believe someone was referencing a 4000 and 4100 firmware). Again, if anyone has any experience, please chime in. I'm sure swapping firmwares for a separate radio is not the best idea, but I could be wrong as I haven't attempted such a feat since it seems like a bad idea in theory.

I have already solved this issue for my girlfriend, I own the 4000NEX in one car and the 4100NEX in another. Since she cant drive a standard she has to use the 4000NEX. Being that they went backwards and removed mhl in the Galaxy s6 Edge plus I have found a work around. Please follow carefully. You must download a mirror-link app to connect to the head-unit. I tried others like Sygic but found the best method is to download "HTC car" I know its a Samsung phone but I promise you will love this. After you download HTC Car you need to download Automate which is a replica of an droid auto with more feature and customization. Now open the Car app and add Automate to it, you can move around the icons and such. After this connect the phone to your radio. Then HTC car will automatically open up, if not go to apps and click it from the head-unit. Now tap on automate and boom you have android auto with full touch on your NEX unit. By the way here are the links and please download it from the blue download button not the play store because it will say incompatible. 

link to htc car

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/htc-corporation/car/car-7-10-543173-android-apk-download/

link to Automate

I have already solved this issue for my girlfriend, I own the 4000NEX in one car and the 4100NEX in another. Since she cant drive a standard she has to use the 4000NEX. Being that they went backwards and removed mhl in the Galaxy s6 Edge plus I have found a work around. Please follow carefully. You must download a mirror-link app to connect to the head-unit. I tried others like Sygic but found the best method is to download "HTC car" I know its a Samsung phone but I promise you will love this. After you download HTC Car you need to download Automate which is a replica of an droid auto with more feature and customization. Now open the Car app and add Automate to it, you can move around the icons and such. After this connect the phone to your radio. Then HTC car will automatically open up, if not go to apps and click it from the head-unit. Now tap on automate and boom you have android auto with full touch on your NEX unit. By the way here are the links and please download it from the blue download button not the play store because it will say incompatible. 

link to htc car

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/htc-corporation/car/car-7-10-543173-android-apk-download/

link to Automate

Will give this a shot asap, much appreciated for the tips!

Yes according to the mirrorlink webiste http://www.mirrorlink.com/phonesthe note 4 is listed as mirrorlink compatible. I know I've used this method for my sisters HTC desire 816 which is how I found out about the HTC car app. A bonus for HTC phones is if you close the app the whole phone shows up on the head-unit with full touch control.  

link to htc car

link to Automate

Tested this out. Works okay, the touch interface is quite buggy/not smooth though, especially with Car mode. Will wait to see if the developer keeps releasing updates, unless it's just a Mirrorlink issue that needs working out. Didn't get a chance to fully demo the Glympse method, but will try that soon, especially since now I have the USB cable routed to the back of the radio.

So should I do away wit my mhl adapter and just connect my note 4 through the usb, if so which port should I use?

I'm not sure if the note 4 supports MHL, but i think it does, you may just need an extra adapter, some extra info inside here. In this case, rooting your phone and running ARUnchained may render you some good results. That was the go-to solution with the S5, but it was rather buggy for me, not sure if it was because my phone was screwed up or if my radio was screwed up. It would function great for 5 minutes, then the display and audio would slowly start to distort to the point of inoperability.

I'm not sure if the note 4 supports MHL, but i think it does, you may just need an extra adapter, some extra info inside here. In this case, rooting your phone and running ARUnchained may render you some good results. That was the go-to solution with the S5, but it was rather buggy for me, not sure if it was because my phone was screwed up or if my radio was screwed up. It would function great for 5 minutes, then the display and audio would slowly start to distort to the point of inoperability.

The note 4 supports mhl. That's how I use it now but it doesn't fit the screen and there is no in screen control.

I don't actually use the car app its just a method to get automate on the screen and use that exclusively. Also if you double tap the home button on the head-unit that side bar on the left will disappear and everything will be nice and full screen. 

Yeah, I know, I learned that back with my S5. The touch input is still glitchy at best. I'll try and scroll to the left to go through my apps, and the scroll will almost kick back and go in the opposite direction once I lift my finger.

The note 4 supports mhl. That's how I use it now but it doesn't fit the screen and there is no in screen control.

You need to adjust your HDMI input settings on your radio. Theres a section where you can adjust screen boundaries, I forget where that setting is exactly, gotta dig through the settings menu but it is there. That may also aid your in-screen control problem. Either that, or you're not properly setup via ARUnchained and are just displaying over your HDMI input setting on the radio rather than app mode

Yeah, I know, I learned that back with my S5. The touch input is still glitchy at best. I'll try and scroll to the left to go through my apps, and the scroll will almost kick back and go in the opposite direction once I lift my finger.

You need to adjust your HDMI input settings on your radio. Theres a section where you can adjust screen boundaries, I forget where that setting is exactly, gotta dig through the settings menu but it is there. That may also aid your in-screen control problem. Either that, or you're not properly setup via ARUnchained and are just displaying over your HDMI input setting on the radio rather than app mode

I don't have ARUnchained  because I thought the phone had to be rooted.