AVIC411.com

8000NEX/Galaxy S6 edge connectivity

I don't have ARUnchained  because I thought the phone had to be rooted.

You do need root, but hey, rooting your phone allows for awesome ROMs as well! Lol

Just use mirrorlink with the two apps I mentioned and you wont have to buy any wires or apps, Automate is always being updated and Ive customized mine to dispay my name and have other added features. You can even add other apps to automate. Just go through the settings 

Definitely try this first, if you can as you'll save money. However, if it's anything like the s6 edge's behavior, you may find yourself running for the hills

You do need root, but hey, rooting your phone allows for awesome ROMs as well! Lol

Definitely try this first, if you can as you'll save money. However, if it's anything like the s6 edge's behavior, you may find yourself running for the hills

No probs with my S6 Edge. Works great as it should.

Confirmed that sideloading HTC Car + Automate is a way to get an Android Auto-like interface to your car on a 4000/8000NEX. It works on my 8100NEX.

However, this doesn't output any audio. Is there a specific version of HTC Car I should be using?

Note: WAZE also works through HTC Car if you use it there.

Confirmed that sideloading HTC Car + Automate is a way to get an Android Auto-like interface to your car on a 4000/8000NEX. It works on my 8100NEX.

However, this doesn't output any audio. Is there a specific version of HTC Car I should be using?

Which phone do you have?

The version of HTC car is the one on the download button not the google play store link. Instead of adding apps to HTC car Just use it to get automate and add the apps to automate by using the little red star  next to the music icon. You can add any app or shortcut from your phone including waze. Please note from time to time you should keep checking the link to automate because they update it frequently. There is a google plus page for it and if you have an issue or feature you want the developer will add it almost instantly. 

Which phone do you have?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V, Verizon Wireless).

I have already solved this issue for my girlfriend, I own the 4000NEX in one car and the 4100NEX in another. Since she cant drive a standard she has to use the 4000NEX. Being that they went backwards and removed mhl in the Galaxy s6 Edge plus I have found a work around. Please follow carefully. You must download a mirror-link app to connect to the head-unit. I tried others like Sygic but found the best method is to download "HTC car" I know its a Samsung phone but I promise you will love this. After you download HTC Car you need to download Automate which is a replica of an droid auto with more feature and customization. Now open the Car app and add Automate to it, you can move around the icons and such. After this connect the phone to your radio. Then HTC car will automatically open up, if not go to apps and click it from the head-unit. Now tap on automate and boom you have android auto with full touch on your NEX unit. By the way here are the links and please download it from the blue download button not the play store because it will say incompatible. 

link to htc car

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/htc-corporation/car/car-7-10-543173-android-apk-download/

link to Automate

thank you this work a lot better than Glympse for Auto.

• 4 weeks later...

The version of HTC car is the one on the download button not the google play store link. Instead of adding apps to HTC car Just use it to get automate and add the apps to automate by using the little red star  next to the music icon. You can add any app or shortcut from your phone including waze. Please note from time to time you should keep checking the link to automate because they update it frequently. There is a google plus page for it and if you have an issue or feature you want the developer will add it almost instantly. 

Hi!

This app only works by Mirrorlink, is it correct? It doesn't work on a 5000NEX over Bluetooth. Or am I wrong?