AVIC411.com

For the AVIC-6000NEX:  Has anyone experienced or know what the root cause of the following error message?

"Product overheat. System will be shut down in 1 minute. Restart the product by ACC-Off/On may fix this problem. If this message keeps showing up, it is possible that some problem occurred in the product."

It comes on intermittently while driving and then shuts the GPS off.  Funny how a product overheat can occur in the middle of December while driving in 50 degrees Fahrenheit weather!  I"ve attached an image of this error message.

Any suggestions to help fix this problem for the AVIC-6000NEX?

Thanks everyone.

My first thought would be that the fan is possibly being obstructed. Sometimes the wiring can get pretty tight behind an aftermarket installation. I can see that potentially being an issue. 

Maybe the fan is sucking in hot air from the HVAC system? I really don't know - just throwing out some ideas.

My first thought would be that the fan is possibly being obstructed. Sometimes the wiring can get pretty tight behind an aftermarket installation. I can see that potentially being an issue. 

Maybe the fan is sucking in hot air from the HVAC system? I really don't know - just throwing out some ideas.

The idea of the fan possibly being obstructed by excessive wiring could be a feasible possibility.  Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm open to any other ideas if anyone has any.  I just don't want to deal with the painful hassle of uninstalling the GPS from the car, shipping it with high shipping costs and having up to a 1 month turnaround time followed by another time consuming installation.  Ughhhh.

Please everyone, I'm open to ideas and solutions.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?  I definitely want to explore all possibilities before going through the pains of waiting for about 1 month for the RMA to process.