AVIC411.com

Looking for help with an AVIC-Z140BH

Hello Everyone,

I just created an account to post on here and am looking for a little bit of advice.

My father purchased a new truck (Well, new to him anyways) and it has a Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH in it, but whenever he tries to do anything, it just says "No Applicable Program".

From what I've read so far, it sounds like someone tried to install this "Hackmode" on it.

I have already downloaded the "supertestmode" file from a different thread on this forum, and have downloaded two firmware files from the Pioneer website that say they're firmware updates, but on the 4.600 version it states:

"This firmware update applies only to AVIC-Z140BH or AVIC-X940BT units sold in the United States and Canada, and where the software has never been upgraded."

and on the 5.100 it states:

"This firmware update applies only to AVIC-Z140BH or AVIC-X940BT units sold in the United States and Canada that have been upgraded using the NAVTEQ softtware upgrade T1000-20495."

Is there any way to tell in testmode which version is on it already?

Is there a way to revert back to the factory default firmware?

Any other tips or words of wisdom are appreciated, since I know next to nothing about any of this.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

After doing a bunch of reading, I determined the version is at 4.000 but the PRG0 and PRG1 folders are missing. I've tried the 2013 update as well as the 2015 update and nothing happens when I insert the SD card. I've tried multiple times on multiple SD cards to no avail (making sure card was formatted FAT32 and 16 kb allocation unit size. I'm able to get into testmode, and I've also noticed that the "users" directory is literally full of gibberish files and folders. I'm thinking someone *royally* fubar'd the HU before my old man bought this truck. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to make an entire backup of their HU's "user" and "nand" folders and then send it to me.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...