AVIC411.com

AVICSYNC firmware update out for X100NEX models

Looks like the long awaited firmware update is finally available on Pioneer's website for all the AVIC-X100NEX series of products.  Guessing the X000 series will come next?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Downloads

1.11 with AVICSYNC already out for x000 series. Also for european models, fw 1.11 with AVICSYNC, is available http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/avicsync

1.11 with AVICSYNC already out for x000 series. Also for european models, fw 1.11 with AVICSYNC, is available http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/avicsync

Cool..Must have posted in the early morning after the X100 firmware was posted.  Not sure I see the value of AVICSYNC, but worth the update to fix the bug issues with BT.  Hopefully someone will post a successful update.

UPDATE: CarPlay MUST BE TURNED OFF for Avisync to be activated. I haven't tried turning CarPlay back on to see if Avicsync works once activated with CarPlay on.

I just needed to be in the NAV Map display in order to pair it.  I didn't have to shut off the CarPlay functions in the settings.  Not sure why you had to. 

Note that I did have the "iGo" banner blocking part of the sync button on the iPhone app.  It is to the right of the banner.

I just needed to be in the NAV Map display in order to pair it. I didn't have to shut off the CarPlay functions in the settings. Not sure why you had to.

Note that I did have the "iGo" banner blocking part of the sync button on the iPhone app. It is to the right of the banner.

Yeah, I tried EVERYTHING (restarting phone, restarting NEX, digging through all menu screens, etc.) to do a forced association, but nothing would work. I called Pioneer support, and they had me turn off CarPlay, and suddenly, association worked automatically!

I'm using an iPhone 6s on iOS 9.2 and an 8000NEX for what it's worth.

Glad it worked for you hassle-free!

Installed the Update on my 8000NEX successfully;

I learned something new - Patience -

Note: After Bluetooth update; all saved Bluetooth devices have to be reconnected/added back to the system. (i had to for my case, i don't remember doing that after previous updates)

There's connected services trials (Free 1 year) this shows the weather in your current location or destination, Fuel prices (off by one cent just like Google Maps fuel price results), Parking (i had no parking information in my area so no test to that).

Live HD Traffic (Free 30 days)

And also Map of USA and Canada Update - Q2 (i already had this update installed)

so far no problems yet.

For the BT update, do you have to leave the USB drive in USB1 after you complete the firmware update?

The instructions do not say anything about removing the USB device after Part 1 firmware update, nor to insert USB device for Part 2 bluetooth update, but does say to remove USB device after finishing Part 2 bluetooth update... so my guess is yes.