AVIC411.com

Update 1.11 now available (Avicsync)

Just went for a drive and I can't believe how responsive the screen is. I used to have to press letters/numbers a bunch of times before it took. I thought it was a hardware issue but apparently it was a firmware issue all this time.

Yes I agree. My 6000 is also a lot more responsive. Also you can use the phone app to figure out your routes or locations and then pull it right in with the head unit. A lot faster way and similar to using CarPlay. Overall I'm impressed with how the unit is working.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There seems to be an option/feature to tap into your iOS contact addresses.

Yes just found that you can use your iOS contacts as a destination source if you have there addresses inputed. Very cool. One of the reasons I like using CarPlay maps is that it will pull addresses from email and texts. I'm digging the AVICSYNC, but not the added cost. Will see how much I use the features this coming year.

Yes just found that you can use your iOS contacts as a destination source if you have there addresses inputed. Very cool.

Doesn't seem to work. I have 300+ contacts and AVICSYNC giving "No usable address found" errors. I tried creating a fresh contact but no dice.

iPhone 6

iOS 9.2

Bummed,

Don

Just updated my 6000NEX. The BT update took the longest. Only thing that really pisses me off is that it deletes all your saved Nav locations. Haven't played with the AVICSYNC stuff. But head unit is working fine, and I quickly re-paired both our phones.

I lost all my locations and settings to. Wow how incredible.

Hoping the iOS Contacts feature gets fixed so we don't have to keep redoing.

Where do I find the Bluetooth update?

Doesn't seem to work. I have 300+ contacts and AVICSYNC giving "No usable address found" errors. I tried creating a fresh contact but no dice.

iPhone 6

iOS 9.2

Bummed,

Don

I've got the same set-up and it's not working either. Hopefully they fix, although most of my iOS contacts don't have addresses loaded in.

Omg how I hate this company right now. Did everything I suppose to do and SOFTWARE ERROR ? Seriously wtf Pioneer, your original accessories don't even work for this unit and now this. Now I have to spend half day in some shop that will know probably less about this issue than me. Why did I try to update this shit I knew it would end up like this.

My unit:

7000 nex

Going from 1.08 to 1.11

This was my last update that's for sure

Omg how I hate this company right now. Did everything I suppose to do and SOFTWARE ERROR ? Seriously wtf Pioneer, your original accessories don't even work for this unit and now this. Now I have to spend half day in some shop that will know probably less about this issue than me. Why did I try to update this shit I knew it would end up like this.

My unit:

7000 nex

Going from 1.08 to 1.11

Oy sorry to hear about the update problem. Here is what my 5000 shows after both updates applied.

post-121915-0-52702200-1450685211_thumb.jpg

My unit:

7000 nex

Going from 1.08 to 1.11

That's what happens to me on the last update. Kinda makes me just wanna stick with what I have now. I ended up sending mine off to Pioneer. Took 3 weeks to get back. It was also a 7000 NEX. I'm more interested in map updates then AvicSync.

That's what happens to me on the last update. Kinda makes me just wanna stick with what I have now. I ended up sending mine off to Pioneer. Took 3 weeks to get back. It was also a 7000 NEX. I'm more interested in map updates then AvicSync.

My unit:

7000 nex

Going from 1.08 to 1.11

Happened to me this morning. Spent almost an hour on hold just waiting to talk to tech support. Tech support answered while finishing chewing whatever was in their mouth and I explained my issue. He didn't understand my issue of "Software error. Please contact your Pioneer Dealer or Service Center" screen and why I was getting it. 

"Did you follow the directions? Did you apply the e-brake? Have you tried turning it off? Have you tried re-installing the update? Oh, you can't get it back to the home screen? Have you tried doing a hard reset?" He explained that I'd have to send it in and I knew that phrase was coming. "This may not be covered under our warranty and you might have to pay for all repair fees." He then just referred me to their website to fill out a form to be able to send it back in. This is my 4th Pioneer head unit that's been bricked since 2008. 

He did add that a software update will not be successful if any kind of e-brake modification is in place (so if your's is modified it would be best to remove it before updating). 

I just wanted to update it before I begin my 30-hour road trip with three kids in the back of my truck on Wednesday. The feeling of regret is strong on this one

I just wanted to update it before I begin my 30-hour road trip with three kids in the back of my truck on Wednesday. The feeling of regret is strong on this one

Oh man, that's a Griswold kind of epic trip!  

I had three carseats in the back of my F150 SuperCrew (a six year old and three year old twins) and man, it was brutal going anywhere.