AVIC411.com

Update 1.11 now available (Avicsync)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While it's great that people want to help those of us with problems with upgrading 4000NEX bluetooth firmware, it seems that many of those offering the advice don't have the unit themselves.  Yes, we know that there is a separate procedure to upgrade bluetooth after the regular firmware upgrade.  But well intended comments from those on this issue who don't actually own the unit are causing confusion.

All I think people want to know is, has anybody with a 4000NEX actually succeeded in upgrading the bluetooth version to HW01-SW03.41.11?  Don't assume that your upgrade was successful just because you got a message after several minutes that it was updated.  Please check the version afterwards.

Personally, I've tried it several ways several times and it hasn't worked for me.  No error messages are given and I get the message that the upgrade was complete at the end, but I'm still stuck on HW01-SW03.21.30.  I tend to think that Pioneer's recent comments that the 4000NEX bluetooth is not upgraded with the current release (which contradicts what the instructions STILL say) is probably accurate.  There is different bluetooth module hardware in the 4000NEX than the other NEX units (can't figure that one out, actually, seems odd, but it's true).

While it's great that people want to help those of us with problems with upgrading 4000NEX bluetooth firmware, it seems that many of those offering the advice don't have the unit themselves.  Yes, we know that there is a separate procedure to upgrade bluetooth after the regular firmware upgrade.  But well intended comments from those on this issue who don't actually own the unit are causing confusion.

All I think people want to know is, has anybody with a 4000NEX actually succeeded in upgrading the bluetooth version to HW01-SW03.41.11?  Don't assume that your upgrade was successful just because you got a message after several minutes that it was updated.  Please check the version afterwards.

Personally, I've tried it several ways several times and it hasn't worked for me.  No error messages are given and I get the message that the upgrade was complete at the end, but I'm still stuck on HW01-SW03.21.30.  I tend to think that Pioneer's recent comments that the 4000NEX bluetooth is not upgraded with the current release (which contradicts what the instructions STILL say) is probably accurate.  There is different bluetooth module hardware in the 4000NEX than the other NEX units (can't figure that one out, actually, seems odd, but it's true).

I have the 4000NEX too and have been unable to upgrade the BT firmware as described in the instructions.  Like you, it appears to be doing something but in the end the version number is never bumped.

So, unless we are both doing it wrong in the same way(s), there does seem to be some weirdness with upgrading the BT on the 4000.

RC

I realized last night that the update process actually changes the content on the USB stick/card in some way.  This is of particular concern to those updating multiple units.

In the event you are updating multiple units, you will need to restart the process from scratch for each unit.  I had quite a scare when I got into what I'll call "an update auto-recovery loop" on my second vehicle.  After about an hour, I decided to reformat and recopy the firmware update to my USB stick.  Thankfully, it worked.

8000 nex updated with no issues, including bluetooth.  Fixed all my bluetooth problems.

Was able to sync Iphone 6 with nav with no real hassles.  If my ipod is not plugged in, the Nav system will sync with my phone via carplay or bluetooth.  If ipod is plugged in, will only sync with carplay.  This is expected behavior, as bluethooth will not enable for apps if an ipod is plugged in.

ARunchained on my rooted Nexus lg 5 is also working with wireless HDMI, no issues.

Hello, I write very poor English so forgive me, I have the AVH-4000NEX unit and have done with the upgrade to 1.11 and hi doesn't give me any problem with the update, but then begin to play the volume buttons and hi sends me to the Bluetooth settings, I started with the update to bluetooth but nothing changes, which wanted to solve the problem and try this I am change files in the firmware bluetooth from series 8000nex has the same update and the update worked he changed to this HW01-SW03.41.11, but the buttons have the same problem everytime I touch the buttoms he sending me to bluetooth settings commands. If someone has this problem please let me know. 

I upgraded my 8000 from firmware 1.06 to 1.11 a few days ago.  The touchscreen has vastly better sensitivity.  It was very difficult to use before, and now it's quite nice to use.  Other than that I didn't really notice any other differences in terms of usability.  I didn't notice bluetooth problems under v1.06, so I was not in need of improvement in that area.