AVIC411.com

Update 1.11 now available (Avicsync)

need some help, had my 8000 for awhile now and was working ok, except for blue tooth issues, did the update, and that fixed most of the issues, then went to use my navi the other day and it sits with wheel spinning when you click on the ok symbol I see screen go blank then igo loading comes up then it goes back to the av screen.  tried several resets and pulled power, but nothing comes back.  called pioneer and of course they want 80 to look at it to see what happened to it.. I think it was just too much of a coincidence that caused it to lose the maps after the update. Anybody have a possible solution for this?

I would rather not be without my radio for 2 weeks... also noticed it dropped Pandora from the av options.

Any suggestions would help.. Thanks.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does it show the street names on the bottom when you are driving around in an AV setting? Have you tried starting Nav after driving the car a bit vs fresh off of boot up? Might be the AVICSYNC app on your phone causing problems? Delete the app and see if makes a difference.

Finally got my radio back from Pioneer back on Friday 01/29 after more than 5 weeks ! Wow New update is in 1.11 and this was also last time I have updated my unit because it is simply not worth the 5 weeks of waiting and $250 charge( Which I didn't pay this time because luckily my unit was still under warranty)

What a hell ride !

i have reset it and also used reset button and pulled harness and let it sit for 10 mins... it restarts but the first time I try to goto nav it just shows igo loading, and then back to the main screen.

I started a thread on this aswell, same problem that you're describing. Let me know if you find any solutions!

Sorry for double posting but figured this thread was still getting action and my post is being viewed with no feedback. 

I have a AVIC-5100.  I want to update to use AVICSYNC but an not sure of some things.  I only have the software brake bypass.  Will this work or do I have to ground a wire or ???  I don't want to brick this thing.  I don't have a warranty on it.  Thanks!

Sorry for double posting but figured this thread was still getting action and my post is being viewed with no feedback. 

I have a AVIC-5100.  I want to update to use AVICSYNC but an not sure of some things.  I only have the software brake bypass.  Will this work or do I have to ground a wire or ???  I don't want to brick this thing.  I don't have a warranty on it.  Thanks!

I looked at Pioneers site, doesn't look like it is supported....

If you found a site that talks about a 'hack' for it to do that, then you risk it....

Not sure what you mean or if there is actually a question there about the break bypass....

Does your unit flash the "parking wire not grounded" warning?  If you read the bypass sticky thread on this forum, I believe you do have to have the parking wire grounded.  The whole point of the software bypass is to override that grounding.  So I would recommend getting your unit properly grounded prior to doing the update.

Crash like thi?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu112hpcbvpkuql/Video%2029-11-15%2C%2017%2019%2045.mov?dl=0

The only solution that i founded is put CarPlay under restriction in the phone.

What do you mean "under restriction"?  Carplay isn't causing the problem for me.  Only when I have Avicsync AND Carplay at the same time.  Carplay by itself doesn't cause the audio problems.

Also, I notice a little blue car icon with curved arrows in the lower right corner, which I had not noticed before (perhaps it was there before, but I just had not noticed) - pressing the icon did little more than turn it to blue, and I didn't notice anything else happening.  Perhaps somebody can enlighten me as to what it is.

Before the update, and following update of the iPhone to iOS 9.1/9.2, I began having problems with the sound, both on the iPhone and CarPlay.  Sometimes, I could not get any music to play, and my ringtones would go haywire - basically, when the phone rang, it produced a loud, annoying, and continuous "BRAAAAAAAAAKK" sound.  The only thing that I could do was turn the phone off and then back on.  Everything would then be fine - until the next time.  I have the feeling that this malady is related to CarPlay, but don't know. 

Item 1, I think that may have to do with AvicSync, but that's just a guess.

Item 2, I had that problem.  I uninstalled AvicSync and my phone has been fine since.  I'd like to get AvicSync back on and working without hosing my iPhone, but until that happens, I'm ok without AS.

Has anyone managed to get the Avicsync app to pair with their NEX headunit after the update process? I simply can't get my iPhone 5S to associate with Avicsync via Bluetooth or USB. 

On the head unit, turn off carplay mode under settings - usb or something like that.  When I had carplay enabled on the headunit, it would go to carplay mode before the head unit had a chance to ask me if I wanted to associate the phone for avicsync.