AVIC411.com

Update 1.11 now available (Avicsync)

need some help, had my 8000 for awhile now and was working ok, except for blue tooth issues, did the update, and that fixed most of the issues, then went to use my navi the other day and it sits with wheel spinning when you click on the ok symbol I see screen go blank then igo loading comes up then it goes back to the av screen.  tried several resets and pulled power, but nothing comes back.  called pioneer and of course they want 80 to look at it to see what happened to it.. I think it was just too much of a coincidence that caused it to lose the maps after the update. Anybody have a possible solution for this?

I would rather not be without my radio for 2 weeks... also noticed it dropped Pandora from the av options.

Any suggestions would help.. Thanks.

My Nav wouldn't let me do anything until I went through the Nav setup again.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started a thread on this aswell, same problem that you're describing. Let me know if you find any solutions!

Uninstall Avicsync.  Carplay is fine, but Avicsync hoses my audio.  Hopefully, user ruspa1978 advises what he means by putting avicsync into restriction on his phone to fix the issue.

• 3 months later...

Uninstall Avicsync.  Carplay is fine, but Avicsync hoses my audio.  Hopefully, user ruspa1978 advises what he means by putting avicsync into restriction on his phone to fix the issue.

Yeah, I stopped using AvicSync. Currently trying to install cracked version of iGo but not having any luck.

I'm not sure if anyone ever figured this out or not.  the issue with Avicsync causing the sound on your iPhone to go all wonky is due to blue tooth, not avicsync.  If you connect your phone instead of using blue tooth, you don't have that problem.  I'd previously had the problem, then uninstalled avicsync and it went away (I didn't use blue tooth on my phone for anything else).  I then reinstalled avicsync and did have the problem any more.  I then started using a bluetooth headset with my phone at work, and the problem would occasionally pop up due to the headset.

• 3 months later...

For mine, No, it doesn't. I have the 7000nex and after this update, I'm having the same issues. I click on navigation, click okay, see a loading symbol.... Then it'll say "iGo loading..." Then pop back to the main screen. Then clicking on it again only brings the "iGo loading" and it popping back to the main screen. Unless I restart it, which then it has the "press okay", pressed okay, then it does it again. I can never access navigation! I also tried factory reset and reinstalling the software, still happens. Also noticed that the clock is off and since I can't access the navigation, I can't update the time zone :( I tried resetting, deleting and reinstalling the avicsync app, etc. Still not working....

does it show the street names on the bottom when you are driving around in an AV setting? Have you tried starting Nav after driving the car a bit vs fresh off of boot up? Might be the AVICSYNC app on your phone causing problems? Delete the app and see if makes a difference.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so i just checked pioneer's site for this head unit while researching specs for my speaker upgrade and i see that there is an available Update out (1.11) which has been out since LAST December LMAO!!!  :ph34r:

Well anyways i have been reading this thread and pretty much every response.. i have not done the update yet but i have downloaded the folder and have it ready on my USB...

Is the update worth it?

And I have downloaded the AvicSync app for my iPhone and messed around with it a little bit and i don't see what the big deal about it is? It basically does some things that CarPlay already does for iPhone users...

What am i Missing here?

What features do you guys like? 

I tried searching for a review video on YouTube but couldn't find any for the United States...

FYI i have the - NEX 8000

Here's a how to use video

However honestly I use car play all the time unless I'm on along trip in an area I don't know where the cops hide, then I use waze for my navigation. I have had the nex 8000 since the first few weeks it was available. Avicsync does give a few updated options but for me, I don't use them