AVIC411.com

Update 1.11 now available (Avicsync)

Stupid question (aren't those the best????):

My zip file is extracted and has a folder called AVIC5000NEX.

I move all the contents of that folder to my SD card right? Not the folder itself....correct?

I think that's the way it was done before...right?

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stupid question (aren't those the best????):

My zip file is extracted and has a folder called AVIC5000NEX.

I move all the contents of that folder to my SD card right? Not the folder itself....correct?

I think that's the way it was done before...right?

Thanks

Yes. Just make sure that folder is the only folder on the usb drive.

Yes. Just make sure that folder is the only folder on the usb drive.

OK....but again: the FOLDER (with all its contents) is the only thing on the SD card

OR

the folder CONTENTS are the only thing on the SD card

That's my Q. Does the NEX look at the folder and extract the contents from there OR does it require the folder to be pre-extracted

Hence my (albeit stupid) question.

OK....but again: the FOLDER (with all its contents) is the only thing on the SD card

OR

the folder CONTENTS are the only thing on the SD card

That's my Q. Does the NEX look at the folder and extract the contents from there OR does it require the folder to be pre-extracted

Hence my (albeit stupid) question.

The root directory of the stick or card must be the AVIC5000NEX folder and its contents as extracted normally through the unzip process.  There should be no other folders or files in the root directory of the stick or card.

I found I could get away with using the same USB drive for the update folder that I had used for maps. So the firmware update didn't care that I had a second folder on the USB drive. However the mapping update did care and I had to delete the firmware folder after using it to get the map update to work. I also had to wait several hours for firmware download even though we are on 100mb fiber line. Found it much faster to extract the firmware folder from the download on my PC SSD first, then move it over to the USB. Last time I extracted from firmware update to my USB drive and it took forever. I suspect the very slow download from Pioneer is because many people were hitting their download server at once. Pioneer 6100NEX here. I had just had my 6100 installed the day before the firmware release which for me was 1.05.

Played with the Online search feature. That is pretty cool but no different than what you can do on CarPlay. In my opinion all the AVICSYNC features should be free. With us all paying north of $900 for a head unit. Pioneer should invest some of that margin for their customers.

I agree a lot more functionality. I'll see if I can pull in addresses from the iOS. Thanks For the tip.

Just went for a drive and I can't believe how responsive the screen is. I used to have to press letters/numbers a bunch of times before it took. I thought it was a hardware issue but apparently it was a firmware issue all this time.