AVIC411.com

AVH-4000NEX Update 1.11 Bluetooth Update Problem

Has anyone with an AVH-4000NEX successfully upgraded the Bluetooth version from HW01-SW03.21.30 to HW01-SW03.41.11? There were a couple of posts in this thread that indicate some AVH-4000NEX owners were unable to update the Bluetooth firmware despite following the instructions.

My firmware updated from 1.08 to 1.11 without any problems but despite several attempts I've been unable to update the Bluetooth.

I used a FAT32 formatted USB drive, reformatted and redownloaded for my second attempt, and my parking brake is bypassed. I think I missed the last firmware update and went straight from 1.08 to 1.11, so I'm curious if I missed a Bluetooth update or if there's something else going on.

Same issue here, except I have the SPH-DA120 AppRadio 4. I was able to update the firmware to 1.11. I also ran the Bluetooth update to the point where it said it was complete. However when I check the version it still says HW01-SW03.21.30. I never checked it before the update so I don't know it succeeded in doing anything. 

Got in touch with Pioneer support and they confirmed that the newest version should be HW01-SW03.41.11 for the AVH-4000NEX. Neither the person I spoke with nor his supervisor had heard of this being an issue. I was advised to reset the head unit and try to update the Bluetooth again, so I'll post if that resolves the issue.

Resetting the head unit didn't help, but I just received an e-mail response from a product support representative telling me that

...how ever you do not need to do the Bluetooth Update on your unit as this will only apply to the AVIC-5000NEX up to the AVIC-8000NEX.

So now I'm not sure what to think.

edit: Called customer support and was told the same thing. So the instructions are incorrect for the AVH-4000NEX and the Bluetooth cannot be upgraded.

I updated the firmware and Bluetooth on both the 4000 and 4100, and I'm going to be honest it drove me crazy for a while but I had to use microsoft edge instead of google chrome to download both files and put them on an sd card instead of a usb flash drive. I hope it helps. If you cant get that to work I will put the folder into my google drive and upload a link to it for you. 

This will also help. 

http://www.appradioworld.com/2015/12/update-bluetooth-software-pioneer-nex-appradio.html#more

• 1 month later...

I updated the firmware and Bluetooth on both the 4000 and 4100, and I'm going to be honest it drove me crazy for a while but I had to use microsoft edge instead of google chrome to download both files and put them on an sd card instead of a usb flash drive. I hope it helps. If you cant get that to work I will put the folder into my google drive and upload a link to it for you. 

This will also help. 

http://www.appradioworld.com/2015/12/update-bluetooth-software-pioneer-nex-appradio.html#more

Its February now and still don’t know how you did it … as  zip file for update contains al version of BT firmware 

• 4 months later...