AVIC411.com

AVH-x5700BHS in a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL: Steering Wheel Controls and Backup Camera questions.

So, I've searched the forums, but no joy..  similar topics, but nothing quite like this.

Background:

- 2009 Ford Fusion SEL with SYNC and Factory Nav.

- PAC-Audio SWI-RC to maintain steering wheel controls

- eSky 170-06 backup camera

- Previously installed: CrimeStopper RS4-g5 remote start, Fortin Evo-ALL ignition Bypass unit.

First topic: Bought the AVH5700 and installed it. Love it. Not so much the Pac-Audio SWI-RC control maintenance; their product just doesn't work - they want another $200 for a harness to BYPASS Sync...  I'm in the process of reviewing whether or not it's viable to go with iDataLink Maestro RR.

Question: fro anyone who's installed the Maestro product, is the OBDII tap for the MaestroRR necessary? or can I skip it? I'm concerned it'll interfere with the remote start/ignition bypass, which already has an OBDII tap on the car.

Second Topic: I'm trying to get this damn camera installed...  I've wired the reverse signal into the backup lights, and when I shift to reverse, the head switches to the video feed... so that works... problem is, the feed is blank.  I've checked polarity, and I believe I've got it wired correctly, but I've actually bought a SECOND camera, and neither provide a feed to the head.  The camera is connected to the brown "RCIN" feed on the back of the AVH, which to my knowledge is the "Rear Camera In" - but no joy, with either the first OR second camera.  I'm about to look at spoofing a power source for the camera, so I can test it inside with my TV, but otherwise I'm stumped.

Question: Has anyone else installed the eSky camera on an AVH5700, who can throw me some troubleshooting tips? I've checked both eSky's stuff, as well as Pioneer's, and so far no luck...