AVIC411.com

HELP!! Virgin 4.0 Z140bh upgraded to 2015 maps w/o iphone fw first

Really hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. Pretty sure that I read on here that all updates are inclusive of the previous versions.. so in attempting to install my IV202NAVI, I backed up my NDATA, PRG1, and PRG0 folders and proceeded to upgrade directly to 6.0 (2015). Problem is that it doesn't look like the patch for iphone compatibility was included, but I'm now a full revisionj ahead of the version that does/did..

any idea what, if any recourse I have? Can I use my backup files w/testmode and overlay the folder structure? Wouldn't this cause hash mismatch, or registration issues in the OS (DLLs, etc?)

As it stands, I'm pretty much dead in the water with only Tuner functioning, if you want to call it that.. (bad radio here)

Thanks in advance!

You never really stated what your iPhone issues were. That 5.1 patch is included in the 6.0 release. Most people who have a problem (not recognizing the wired iPhone) cure it by doing a hard reset of the HU. Easiest way is to just disconnect the car's battery for a couple minutes. Otherwise, you need to pull both fuses that feed power to the HU - same effect.

Sorry.. should have been more clear. It literally looks as though the iphone update piece was missed, there aren't any new "iphone settings" options, and it's behaving very flakey.. no audio if wired, bluetooth is difficult to start streaming too, had to remove the pandora app to prevent contention for the BT radio... I guess..

Well... no dice still. It feels like the update only partially installed. I've got the iPhone/Others option in place of wired/Bluetooth in the app connection option, but no "iPod Settings" option exists to change from 30pin to USB, and since pulling the battery It no longer has the iPod option in the source bar, so I'm officially limited to Bluetooth streaming, which is temperamental to get started to say the least.

Anyone experience this or something similar? Is it as simple as replacing the /User/PRGx directories from b/u to revert back to 4.0?

I apologize, I'm sure the answers are here somewhere, but I'm not finding a situational match and don't want to brick this thing..

Thanks again in advance..

i

Well... no dice still. It feels like the update only partially installed. I've got the iPhone/Others option in place of wired/Bluetooth in the app connection option, but no "iPod Settings" option exists to change from 30pin to USB, and since pulling the battery It no longer has the iPod option in the source bar, so I'm officially limited to Bluetooth streaming, which is temperamental to get started to say the least.

Anyone experience this or something similar? Is it as simple as replacing the /User/PRGx directories from b/u to revert back to 4.0?

I apologize, I'm sure the answers are here somewhere, but I'm not finding a situational match and don't want to brick this thing..

Thanks again in advance..

I looked at the 2015 upgrade instruction manual. There is a section specifically on upgrading Z140 for 5th gen iPhone users using Lightning cables. See Chapter 6. There is an additional patch/update to be installed. So you were correct when you said that the support was missing. I have a 4th gen iPod so I never needed it.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Navteq-Site/Navteq/en_GB/documents/Pioneer/Pioneer%2011-12%20High%202015%20Manual%20T1000-23348.pdf

Thank you sir.. I was missing the documentation on the 2015 update, and though I suspected this was the case, had nothing in black and white... Greatly appreciated! A

Any idea how to manage installing 4.6 or 5.1 firmware on a device already at v.6.0.. the instructions call it out, but no release of a 6.1 or <, and no mention of how to tackle out of order update install.. sure would have been nice of pioneer to either include the patch, or at least perform a check and warn during the upgrade process.

Don't suppose there are any known tricks to either make the unit think it's on a prior revision, or to alter the 5.1 update files (manifest?) to identify as 6.1, etc.. you get the idea. Or does it even matter? Pretty sloppy code mgmt on the part of Pioneer.. not sure why i'd expect any different though.

Thank you sir.. I was missing the documentation on the 2015 update, and though I suspected this was the case, had nothing in black and white... Greatly appreciated! A

Any idea how to manage installing 4.6 or 5.1 firmware on a device already at v.6.0.. the instructions call it out, but no release of a 6.1 or <, and no mention of how to tackle out of order update install.. sure would have been nice of pioneer to either include the patch, or at least perform a check and warn during the upgrade process.

Don't suppose there are any known tricks to either make the unit think it's on a prior revision, or to alter the 5.1 update files (manifest?) to identify as 6.1, etc.. you get the idea. Or does it even matter? Pretty sloppy code mgmt on the part of Pioneer.. not sure why i'd expect any different though.

I've heard of people going back to a previous version but I don't know how they did it. Sounds like you have a backup of USER already prior to installing 6.0. Before you try anything,  use a different SD to backup the current USER. Just to be safe.

So you are saying that your "virgin" z140 never had the 4.6 or 5.1 patches to support Lightning? And now you want to retro-install one. Those idiots at Pioneer - there's no way to actually follow those instructions in Chapter 6. If you had already installed 5.1, the iPod Settings would already be there. And if it's not there, there's no way to install it after the fact. :wacko:

Well, here's an idea that might work.  Your unit has two PRG folders (PRG0 & PRG1). Since it was "virgin", they originally should have copies of the same software. When you installed 6.0, one of them got overwritten. The way to tell which is whether the file USER\PRG.FLG exists. If it does, then PRG1 is the "active" firmware. Otherwise, PRG0 is. So you might be able to delete or create this file to revert back to the other firmware (v4.0).  After making the change, I'd do a hard restart by disconnecting the battery. If it then boots-up OK, you should be back to the old version. You can check in the settings system information.  Then try to install the v4.6 patch. If all looks good, try installing 6.0 again.