AVIC411.com

Original Appradio upgrade question

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here.  I bought the original Appradio almost 4 years ago and might possibly be looking at upgrading to Appradio4 or an AVIC unit that is more compatible with my lightning connector iPhone.

Do I need to buy new wiring harness or can I simply use the one that I bought for the original AppRadio and just swap it out and connect as needed?

Thanks everyone.

• 2 months later...

hi - i am having the same thoughts!

i have an appradio1 and an iphone 4s and won't be bothering to swap the phone for some time.

ive been stuck on iOS7  for ages as i know app radio 1 doesn't support the newer iOS (are we on 9 now?) and i'm starting to lose apps as they won't function on the older iOS either.

all i want is apps (waze and dash command mainly) and music and bluetooth calls on the HU when i dock my iphone4s in its holder.

does the appradio4 give any more future proofing through apple car play or are pioneer just gonna dump the users of older models like they have done with the earlier HUs??

i'm gonna have a look around but any advice would be gratefully received (i'm in the UK)

JJ