AVIC411.com

No Voice from 8100

Hey there,

I just installed a 8100 in my truck.  When I try to use CarPlay, I cannot hear Siri talk.  When I try to call someone, I cannot hear them but they can hear me. And finally, when I use the GPS, I can hear the radio volume get low like the navigation is telling me something, but I cannot hear anything.  I have check the "alert" volume, but that does nothing.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?  My phone is an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 9.1.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately a number of people, myself included, have experienced this kind of problem but with different models (I have a 4000).  There have been a number of suggestions to fix the issue but they don't work for everyone.  I would absolutely suggest you make sure you are running on the correct firmware.  I've had a couple of successes trying other iphones which seems to get things back on track but again this is short lived.  Sorry, wish I had a better answer for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to respond to this as I recently learned something. Someone posted that starting music playing through your phone PRIOR to connecting to the radio resolved their problem.  It has also worked for me, for the last few days I can get Siri to consistently work using this method.  I did have one time where it wouldn't work but I was also using Waze in the background for directions.  Restarting everything with just music and Siri was back on again.  Hope this helps.

sometimes I find I get nothing when I connect carplay.

depending on the app I sometimes have to have it running on the phone before I connect, sometimes I have to restart my phone, sometimes if I have BT connected I will get no sound and sometimes I have to insure the phones volume is right up before I hear anything from the unit.

so it is kind of hit or miss, I haven't found one specific way that insures when I plug my phone in that I will have full functionality.