AVIC411.com

X930BT - Desperately Need HELP!!!

The battery went dead in my little brothers cars and he didn't have the password for his AVIC X930BT so he downloaded a hack file to an SD card and inserted it in the unit and I don't know what else. Now the screen just has a FORD OVAL LOGO in the middle of the screen and says PIONEER underneath that. Nothing happens when you press any of the buttons or anything. I have been doing some research online and saw something about a test mode? Before I do anything, I want to see if someone could advise me how to proceed

post-134936-0-54650400-1452805323_thumb.jpg

It may have been...I didn't do it. Can I still run test mode?

Yes. Search for supertestmode.

You have my sympathy but I no longer contribute my time helping victims of this Trojan. It happens (across X.Z, and F series forums) a couple times a week. There's already enough threads that:

• attempt to explain how to undo the damage done by Condi's infamous hackmode.
  • unlock lost passwords

Still don't understand why someone would set a password. They are probably the only ones who will get locked-out. And it won't prevent your headunit from being stolen.

I can't figure out in this forum how to get the supertestmode.key to run. When I put the SD card in the radio nothing happens? Do the files need to be extracted from the zip file on the SD card?

I get it that nobody wants to be bothered with this anymore but I didn't install the hack and I'm stuck trying to fix it so would appreciate any help I could get

I got test mode working and recovered password thanks to BlakeStone's help and using IAmSuperBleeder's detailed description and pics...I was following the part about coping the AV1.exe file and pasting it to the SD card in order to change the name of the file on the PC but how to you paste it on the SD card??? I tried it a few ways and it appears that the paste function is grayed out when I go into SD under file maintenance?

I was following the part about coping the AV1.exe file and pasting it to the SD card in order to change the name of the file on the PC but how to you paste it on the SD card??? I tried it a few ways and it appears that the paste function is grayed out when I go into SD under file maintenance?

Testmode is not very intuitive. I am guessing here but it sounds like the AV1.exe file was not correctly selected.  Try this. In testmode:

navigate to the folder where AV1.exe is on the HU

1. scroll down until AV1.exe is highlighted.
  2. press the right trk arrow button until "Copy" is highlighted.  Note that "Paste" is grayed.
  3. press "Mode" to select it,  Note that there is a "+" next to AV1.exe and  "Paste" is no longer grayed.
  4. scroll up to the top and hightlight ".."
  5. press trk > multiple times until "Enter" is highlighted
  6. press Mode until you are at the highest level of the directory structure.
  7. now navigate into the SD folder to where you want the file to be written
  8. press Trk > until "Paste" is highlighted
  9. press Mode

Testmode is not very intuitive. I am guessing here but it sounds like the AV1.exe file was not correctly selected. Try this. In testmode:

navigate to the folder where AV1.exe is on the HU

• scroll down until AV1.exe is highlighted.
  • press the right trk arrow button until "Copy" is highlighted. Note that "Paste" is grayed.
  • press "Mode" to select it, Note that there is a "+" next to AV1.exe and "Paste" is no longer grayed.
  • scroll up to the top and hightlight ".."
  • press trk > multiple times until "Enter" is highlighted
  • press Mode until you are at the highest level of the directory structure.
  • now navigate into the SD folder to where you want the file to be written
  • press Trk > until "Paste" is highlighted
  • press Mode

Ron, accidentally I deleted the APL file out of PRG1... I copied the EPL file that was on PRG0 and pasted it in the other. Are they the same? Should I be OK? For some reason after doing what was described it is still not working

Do you have any more bullets in your gun? You keep shooting yourself.

APL is more than just a file - I'ts a folder (directory). Basically - all the application software. If this unit had never been updated, then they are the same. If it has been update, it might not work. In that case, I'd recommend installing the 2015 upgrade. 

At what step in my instructions did you see failure? Did step 3 work as described above? Or are you saying that - due to deleting APL, you couldn't try?

I was able to complete all the steps above...just nothing changed on my unit once done. I would have to say that nothing was ever updated on the unit. I just created a PRG.FLG file that I am saving to my SD card now and I'm going to load it to the User folder.

If this doesn't work, how can I do the 2015 upgrade?