AVIC411.com

time and date correction F20BT

Dear members,

my name is Ralf and I'am new in this forum (as member) since yesterday.

I drive my car in Berlin (Germany). 4 years ago I installed a AVIC F20BT. Since that time I arrange with it. All features work until two weeks ago. I had to change a headlight bulb and disconnect the battery of the car for nearly 2 hours. After reconnection of the battery the time of my f20bt was wrong. The time had an deviation to real time of 2 hours and 17 minutes.

I drove the car with a few days sometimes with and sometimes without navigation but the time was not corrected himself. So I performed more than one reset by Mode+< and Reset and got different time adjustments from GPS but no time was correct. The device found in every case 11 satelites with signal quality of 2 or 3 bars to get the timestamp. The deviation to the real time was in every case one or more full hours in addition with some minutes (6 to 22). A cerrection by time zone (in regional settings) in this case also was not possible because with this function you only can correct in steps of 0.5 hours.

After many resets and with correction by time zone I reach a time deviation of 6 minutes at last.

Now my hope and my question to you. Is there any one with the same problem and knows an solution to manualy correct the time deviation?

My device has the version 3.0 (maps 2011) and there is an map update of the year 2015 to buy. Has any one already performed the update to 2015? Contain this update any known bug fix to the time function? Are the maps so poor and easy like the maps of 2011?

After 14 days of searching for a solution you are my last hope to safe the device in my car. Please give me help if you have an idea.

Sorry, I know, my english is not the best. Best regards