AVIC411.com

Why can't I update my F9110BT the easy way?

Hi All,

The last day consisted of trying to update the maps on my friends f9110 so I spent a lot of time browsing these forums  (thanks so much all people contributing, you guys are awesome!).

I know on ebay and the dutch equivalent of it there are many people offering a simple one SD card solution for this model. Because I like tinkering with stuff myself I came to this forum and read up on a lot of things in my search for this "simple" solution.

I downloaded the files from topics like these (I also tried one from a post containing 2013, and another from 2012 files) and copied over all the files to my SD card. No matter what I would never get any sort of message asking me if I wanted to update anything.

Now because I don't like giving up I did eventually get the 2015 HERE Q3 maps to work on the system but this is what I did:

• Flash to the WinCE image
  • Upgraded to hybrid 4.0 with the files from this post
  • Downloaded some fbl maps from the interwebs and manually placed all these to the APL2/Igo/Contents/Maps folder

I also had to do a lot of other things to get my Dutch voice back, which I did of course backup but threw away later to save some disk space, so those were all fun things.

Anyway maps are working, my friend is very happy but I still want to know why the easy method isn't working for me?

Thanks!