AVIC411.com

8100NEX and your phone

I"m just curious on if you have the 8100NEX (and possibly any of the others NEX line), what phone do you have and does it allow you to do everything the HU can do.  i.e. Android Auto (Car Play), AvicSYNC, Mirrorlink, APPRadio(live) etc....

And if you can do all of those things, what did you have to do to get them going?

I you have tried to get any or all of them going what have you tried.

I ask this because I've been able to get everything to work as the web site says, with the exception of AvicSYNC and APPRadio.

What I have...

8100 of course

1.05 update.

NaviExtras updated to 2015Q2

Nexus 6 with 6.01 of the OS not rooted, but can be if need be

the CD-AH200 cables

If I plug in the USB mini cable to the phone, I get Android Auto

if I plug in the phone to the HDMI, and change the settings from USB2 to HDMI, I get nothing either way

if I plug in the whole setup of the AH200 (same USB cable and the HDMI cable to the splitter box) to the phone nothing happens, not even the charging part (I think I'll have to double check that), even with switching between USB and HDMI in the settings.

Pioneers site does not mention any specific phones (that I've been able to find) , Cruchfields site does mention that the Google NExus line was designed for this unit... 

Bottom line is that if I have to get a different phone (Android) for this all to work, I guess I'll do that.

I am a techy person, this should have been easy to figure out, but so far it hasn't....

Here is a list of things I've been able to get going in case any of you have been having issues...

3 terrabyte drive on USB2 and USB1 playing all my music from itunes folder (copied the whole thing over) 

havn't been able to play videos from it yet...

After I posed this, I was able to get AvicSync to work (sorta).  It sees it now, and will auto launch as long as Android Auto is off. ( I can only hope that Pioneer figures out a way to toggle them)

my 2nd generation iPod Touch will play music, but the video that is on it will not show the video or play the sound, it does show the time going forward.  It worked just fine on the Kenwood 990HD I moved up from.

HD Radio works fine, but oddly no artwork... the 4100 I had worked fine with that.... hmmm

Navi works great, today I even saw some of the 3D buildings it can do, Hollywood and Highland even showed the actual buildings i.e. faces... fun to see

Routes seem fine, I"ve yet to test against google maps to see how well it does.

The voice for routes seems WAY better than the Navi from the 4100 add on... more realistic...

I havn't found out how to increase the Navi voice yet... although when I was in AvicSync when I pressed the volume buttons, the "Alerts" button was there (like on the 4100 module) so I upped that.  I'll see if that affected the NAvi volume.  8)

I have an 8100 and a Nexus 6P phone.  I plug the phone into USB solely for Android Auto (and google maps).

I have a Google Chromecast plugged into the HDMI.  I purchased a cheap Verizon prepaid android for $20 (with NO service) to use as the remote for the Chromecast, and I use the Nexus 6P WiFi hotspot to tether to the Chromecast for data.

Well, doing that did not work.  So I called Pioneer.

The guy gave me bad news.

THe Nexus line (I have the 6) does not work with AppRadio

Right now only the HTC 7-9 and the Sony Z work with it directly (i.e. plugged in)

If I want to use AppRadio and the other stuff, I need to connect the ChromeCast to the 8100, and use it that way.

So I borrowed a friends, and just couldn't get it to work.  I"m sure if I fiddled with it longer it might have.

Bottom line is that even if I could have gotten it to work, I would be switching between the ChromeCast and Android Auto by swapping the USB cable.  UGH!!

I have a couple of months before I can get a new phone... I'll look at the HTC's (new ones coming soon too)