AVIC411.com

Avic x940bt firmware update failed...now bricked

New to the site, not new to tech, not new to searching etc.  So, I say that to say that i've already exhausted my youtube searching, this site searching, etc.

That being said...here is the scenario:

Downloaded the firmware update from pioneer.  Placed the three files on a blank and formatted (fat32) microsd card at the root level.  

Popped it into the h/u and ran the update per instructions.  The update got to the end and noted that "update failed."  

Turned car off, removed sd card, turned car back on, h/u no longer powers up.

-No longer powers up meaning, no fan, no lights, no sounds etc, checked fuse, checked to make sure that it was getting power as normal, and everything is normal.

Removed the h/u from power for 30 minutes, then 8 hours while at work, then 48 hours, still the same result.

The 1st thing i'd try is getting into TestMode. search for supertestmode and download the zip file.  Unzip and place Testmode.key in the root of a freshly FAT32 formatted SD. Insert in your X940.

If it boots into the Testmode screen - you might be able to recover. If not - you've got a boat anchor.

Either way - let us know. If you get into Testmode. there are a couple options I can think of. No guarantees. 

BTW, what update are you talking about? 4.6? 5.1? What version app F/W were you on. Any other hacks installed? Condi's Hackmode?

The 1st thing i'd try is getting into TestMode. search for supertestmode and download the zip file.  Unzip and place Testmode.key in the root of a freshly FAT32 formatted SD. Insert in your X940.

If it boots into the Testmode screen - you might be able to recover. If not - you've got a boat anchor.

Either way - let us know. If you get into Testmode. there are a couple options I can think of. No guarantees. 

BTW, what update are you talking about? 4.6? 5.1? What version app F/W were you on. Any other hacks installed? Condi's Hackmode?

Tried getting into testmode by using the testmode.key that comes embeded with the update pack.  It is not hacked etc, it was a stock one, just out of date.  Update 4.6.

• 4 weeks later...