AVIC411.com

8100 or 8200

Did they ever work out the Bluetooth problems with the old Z110BT?

This is why I'd like to move up to the NEX 8 series, if the Bluetooth is much improved

Also is there a big difference between the 8100 and the 8200? Is it just a firmware upgrade?

I read the Android Mirror is dropped and the IData Masetro is improved, is it really that different?

What module would I need for a IData Masetro for a 2009 Toyota Camry?

Thanks for any suggestions or info

Is there another thread with this info?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is an upgrade from AVIC-Zxxx to NEX "worth it?" Well, Pioneer hasn't done a map update for the Z-series since 2012.

However, that raises the relevant question of when they will quit doing map updates for the NEX series. I'd have to

look, but I think they only did 3 or 4 map updates TOTAL over the lifetime of the Z-series despite charging significant

$$ for each update. Since the AVIC units (old & new) are Pioneer's "high end" products, I find it annoying that they

keep shafting AVIC customers in this way.

Is an upgrade from AVIC-Zxxx to NEX "worth it?" Well, Pioneer hasn't done a map update for the Z-series since 2012.

However, that raises the relevant question of when they will quit doing map updates for the NEX series. I'd have to

look, but I think they only did 3 or 4 map updates TOTAL over the lifetime of the Z-series despite charging significant

$$ for each update. Since the AVIC units (old & new) are Pioneer's "high end" products, I find it annoying that they

keep shafting AVIC customers in this way.

You seem to suggest that Pioneer is doing map updates for the NEX series? That's wrong, Pioneer uses iGo maps from naviextras.com, a company headquartered in Hungary.

• 2 months later...

While I did upgrade to an NEX8100 for about $800 it appears App radio is a let down, you can really only use one option at a time ie. Mirrorlink, Android auto etc. Plus the USB1 option of a hard drive to replace an IPOD lacks enough power. Appears a good low current draw SSD is the only way to go now