AVIC411.com

X9310bt nag screen / map update walk through anyone?

Just purchased a Canadian 2012 legacy with a x9310bt. It has the original map/firmware for the year.

1. I want to remove the okay/nag screen update as a priority (even if I can't update to a newer map). Anyone have a link to a walk through? Seems like I can't find one here via search.

2. I'd also like to update to a newer version. The most recent I seem to have found which might work is here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38472-2013-usacan-maps-download/ Is this the most current 'working' version without buying it?

3. Should I update firmware via pioneer?

4. How can I back everything up in the event something goes wrong doing any of this?

5. If doing more than 1 of the above what should the order be?

Thanks!!

The order should be,

1. Ignore anything condi hack

2. Backup everything.  This can be done with the supertestmode file and your sd card.

3. Update to the newer 2015 maps, this will update the firmware at the same time.

4. Update the Bluetooth, which is a manual step using the same 2015 files but you have to go into the settings and select update manually.

5. See if the nag screen even exists after the 2015 update.  Is your parking brake wire grounded?  I don't seem to notice it since I update to 2015.

Thanks for this.

Given its the 9310bt it's a microSD I need right? Just unzip onto the card and insert?

I found this video on YouTube which is a different model but is the process the same?

http://youtu.be/ipoK6dfCp_Q

After ... I just unzip the 2015 map update file onto a fresh microSD? No password needed?

Parking break is the push button one. Not sure if that matters?

Thanks!!

The order should be,

2. Backup everything. This can be done with the supertestmode file and your sd card.

3. Update to the newer 2015 maps, this will update the firmware at the same time.

4. Update the Bluetooth, which is a manual step using the same 2015 files but you have to go into the settings and select update manually.

5. See if the nag screen even exists after the 2015 update. Is your parking brake wire grounded? I don't seem to notice it since I update to 2015.

• 3 months later...

The order should be,

2. Backup everything.  This can be done with the supertestmode file and your sd card.

5. See if the nag screen even exists after the 2015 update.  Is your parking brake wire grounded?  I don't seem to notice it since I update to 2015.

Thanks a lot BlakeStone!

• 3 months later...

The order should be,

Sorry if I misread this. But I am assuming just extract the 2015 USA-CANADA MAP UPDATE zip file to update firmware and maps?  Do I need to download and extract the other files like FirmwareUpdate_3.002 ? User folder? supertestmode?

Thanks

You can use supertestmode to back up your system before updating or to explore the unit(be very careful to not delete anything accidentally)

'User folder' is my backup of my x9310bt in case somebody bricks theirs(by using any of the condi hacks or see above)

FirmwareUpdate_3.002 is an older update that you don't need but I still have available.  The 2015 maps have a newer version.

You can use supertestmode to back up your system before updating or to explore the unit(be very careful to not delete anything accidentally)

'User folder' is my backup of my x9310bt in case somebody bricks theirs(by using any of the condi hacks or see above)

FirmwareUpdate_3.002 is an older update that you don't need but I still have available.  The 2015 maps have a newer version.

Thanks so much! Does this firmware fix the newer iphone 6 charging/disconnect issue? Also do I have to use the cd-iu51v to control my iphone? Just want to make sure I can't use a regular usb cable before I buy one. 

Thanks again.

I don't have first hand knowledge of iPhone issues, but there are some posts that suggest the fix for some people was to do the full map/bluetooth update and make sure it installed correctly then do what they are calling a 'hard reset' which is to disconnect the positive battery cable for 15 minutes and then reconnect.

• 2 months later...

Sorry but I need some help.

1) I downloaded 2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE.zip from BlakeStone's link.

2) I unzipped everything into a micro SD card. The FIRMWARE and UPDATE folders are on the top level of the card. i.e. FIRMWARE and UPDATE don't fall under a parent folder.

Note: does the SD card need to be in a specific format? FAT32 vs NTFS etc.

3) I then inserted the card into my X9310BT (Canadian Forester XT, 2012). The screen shows "this SD card does not work on this device" or something like that.

4) I tried replacing the CARDINFO.cif file (from Silenius's first post).

5) Back to step #3. No luck.

Any idea what I did wrong? Any help's appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Edit: Figured it out. SD card needs to be formatted to FAT32 (I think that's the fix... at least it worked for me).

• 1 month later...

Hi, when I extract the Zip file onto my computer Winrar returns a check sum error on the extracted file and it says that the archive is corrupt.  

Is there a problem with the zip file? 

Nothing wrong with the 2015 zip file. I just d/l and unzipped it using Win10 right click & extract. Some versions of WinRAR have problems.