AVIC411.com

Having trouble accessing Nav on 5000NEX

So I recently got a AVIC-5000NEX and everything was working well. One day, plugged in an iPhone before the splash screen appeared and the unit took a few minutes to finally get to the home screen. Everything works accordingly except for the Navigation which failed to boot. It says "iGo Loading..." and then a blank screen, then it throws me back to the home screen. I can do this several times but nothing changes. Tried factory reset, firmware update, and rollback firmware. Anyone have any tips to gaining my nav feature back? I'd really hate to buy a new head unit.

I'd say you havn't done either as you don't know aht they are...

that being said, try downloading the latest update, even if it's the same as what you have and see if you can install it, if it works great, if not, also try updating the Maps, see if that helps... otherwise you may have to send it to Pioneer

A reset of the whole thing might also help....

I'd say you havn't done either as you don't know aht they are...

that being said, try downloading the latest update, even if it's the same as what you have and see if you can install it, if it works great, if not, also try updating the Maps, see if that helps... otherwise you may have to send it to Pioneer

A reset of the whole thing might also help....

I know I patched my iGo following one of these threads. And I did all of that, updating and rolling back the update too just to see if it'll help. How do I separately update my maps if I can't even get to the navigation screen?

• 4 months later...