AVIC411.com

Appradio 4 doesn't detect my iPhone- no Carplay!

Hi everybody!

I'm currently having a lot of issues with my 9 months old Appradio 4 unit. Some days ago, I wasn't able to make my iPhone 9.2.1 work with the unit... It seemed that the unit was unable to detect the cellphone, so I was unable to run Carplay as usual. Following Pioneers instructions, I reseted the device, restored the iPhone, changed the cable, attached it directly to the usb1 port in the radio... but nothing happened. The funny part is that if you connect the iPhone to the usb and then turn on the contact in the car, it starts charging, but no Carplay nor detection as iPhone, so I asume it's not a hardware failure.

I took the sph-da120 unit to service, and after 3 weeks (3 weeks!) they decided to change the mainboard... but everything stays the same. No Carplay, no iPhone in usb1, and no chance to upgrade the firm on the Appradio because European website has pulled down every file download for this device. If i flash the device to the american 1.11 firm, I assume I'd lose the warranty, so if it doesn't work as a solution to my issues... I could't do anything more.

Is there anything you would do before returning the unit to tech service? I don't really want to stay another 3 weeks with a big hole in the car.. travelling in silence! Any idea will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, buddies!

Salva

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated my European unit today from 1.08 to 1.11 and it worked without any problems.

Did you try to connect a completely different iPhone?

Did you try to clean the lightning plug in the bottom of your phone? If not, try to use a plastic toothpick and scape the hole inside. Usually a lot of dust/dirt can hide in that hole making it difficult to connect properly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a new NEX owner and upon initial installation my iPhone 6S+ would not connect to CarPlay.  I was able to play music from it as an iPod, and connect via Bluetooth. I spent hours and tried numerous things believing something was wrong.  Finally I tried my daughter's iPhone and it connected to CarPlay immediately.  I found that for some reason my iPhone had parental restrictions set that was blocking CarPlay.  I don't really ever having set this, so didn't know the restrictions passcode.  I don't have anyone young in the household that would require the use of this.  Ultimately the only way I could get around it was to reset my iPhone as new and then it connected to CarPlay fine.