AVIC411.com

I just updated my Z130BT Map Data using P/N T1000-23348 from the 2013 version P/N T1000-22466 which worked perfectly for 2+ years until now. This updated my firmware from version 05.0000 to 06.0000 and separately updated the Bluetooth firmware from version 3.22 to 3.32. Now my unit will no longer sync with the music on my iPhone (iOs 9.2.1) nor can I connect the music using the Bluetooth interface. In addition, when I connect the phone with the usb cable the phone displays the iPod logo, the music title displays along with the countdown timer, but I get no sound or album art. On the other hand, when I am on an active call the Bluetooth music connects and plays at normal volume levels without muting and when the call disconnects the music stops which is opposite of what it should be doing. Finally, when the unit boots up it reverts back to the last source that was played but when the unit pairs up with the phone it switches to Pandora and then AHA un-commanded.

I spoke with tech support at both Pioneer and Here. They advised that this is a software issue but stated that I assumed this risk as part of the licensing agreement. Pioneer also stated that I can send them the unit and they can fix the problem for $230 with a 3 week turn around. Here says it's my problem as the product was been activated which is a requirement prior to install but is willing to replace the software. However, Pioneer advised that even if the first update was corrupted, the system won't re-flash the firmware as it sees this has already been updated and is not backwards compatible to the 2013 firmware version.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, what is the fix? Pioneer obviously can repair this, but what procedures do they follow? From a technical point, does this unit use a CMOS battery or EEPROM to retain the data? How do I revert back to the previous 2013 firmware where all functions worked properly? At this time I have not dis-assembled the unit as I don't have the schematics Are these available?post-135593-0-82674600-1455290412_thumb.jpg

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. FYI: I am an avionics tech so you can discuss in technical terms :mrgreen:

Gary

RonS,

Problem solved, many thanks! Based on my experience, it seems that the older firmware stayed in system memory and conflicted with the newer software I uploaded. I made the false assumption that re-flashing the unit with the newer firmware, restoring factory defaults and re-booting the system using the ignition key multiple times did not actually load the new firmware probably due to the permanently connected "hot" lead keeping it alive in system memory. Disconnecting the battery forced a hard re-boot which caused the new firmware to load into system memory and know everything works as designed.

Again, thanks for your reply, you saved me $230 and 3 weeks of aggravation...

Gary

I agree with your assumptions.It takes a cold boot to force load everything. I had a different problem after an upgrade many years ago - and this fixed it.  I am surprised that Pioneer tech support doesn't recommend this simple fix (other than being a source of revenue). Imagine how many people follow their advice - disconnect and return the HU with beaucoup $$$. It gets sent back and voila - it works!!! So they think Pioneer actually did something.  When just disconnecting the battery does the same thing.