AVIC411.com

Maestro RR features limited by Pioneer?

Yesterday I had my Maestro RR updated to v3.2, which promised nav and phone display on the MFI (multi function instrument) at the center of the instrument cluster of my 2013 VW Passat – the nice folks at our local BestBuy shop did the software update for free!

Unfortunately neither nav nor phone info showed up after putting everything back together.

So today I called the iDataLink Maestro support and asked them why it doesn't work as promised. The representative asked me, "what head unit do you have?", I said, "the Pioneer Avic 81...", he interrupted me and said, "that won't work, not with a Pioneer, you have to have a Kenwood. I have a Kenwood nav unit in my Golf GTI and it works perfectly."

Is he correct? Or does anyone here have a suggestion how to make this work? 

Thank you,
-Herbert

Its possible... I'd guess that Pioneer hasn't given access to Maestro that they need to add that feature...

I do know that the new 8200 (and possibly the others) are now 100% compatible, could be a hardware thing, could be lazyness on Pioneers part..... lets hope they can update the earlyer units 

I have a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L, and I still have the iDataLink Maestro RR that I removed, and in it's place I put a RP4-HD11. I also bought the PAC-UP to keep it updated.

Not a fan of iDataLink, since they don't cater to do-it-yerself'ers, instead you've got to go through a dealer. That's the kind of trap I never ever want to fall into.

Anyone interested in the RR if anyone wants to make an offer.

Not a fan of iDataLink, since they don't cater to do-it-yerself'ers, instead you've got to go through a dealer. That's the kind of trap I never ever want to fall into.

what do you mean???? I ordered mine from a reputable stereo shop, received it, installed it myself with no issues, whats this trap you speak of? lol

what do you mean???? I ordered mine from a reputable stereo shop, received it, installed it myself with no issues, whats this trap you speak of? lol

Sorry for the rant LOL what i meant is iDataLink have promised support for i-Mid for a year now but have not delivered. So I've been sitting on the RR waiting for what turned out to be vaporware.

Sorry for the rant LOL what i meant is iDataLink have promised support for i-Mid for a year now but have not delivered. So I've been sitting on the RR waiting for what turned out to be vaporware.

The PAC RP4-HD11 was as plug-n-play as is possible by any unit. Its been problem free, highly recommended if you have a 3th Generation CR-V.

herbert68, I guess you won't have your solution from iDatalink. As far as I know there is a huge gap between them and Pioneer. One example of this is the lack of gauges on any NEX unit. 

Pioneer anounces the features and iDatalink claims that they don't implement.... 

The best thing to do is to register and post on their forum.

Because I guess your central display feature depends on the headunit to send the phone data and the RR to handle it.

Some references:

herbert68, I guess you won't have your solution from iDatalink. As far as I know there is a huge gap between them and Pioneer. One example of this is the lack of gauges on any NEX unit. 

Pioneer anounces the features and iDatalink claims that they don't implement.... 

Because I guess your central display feature depends on the headunit to send the phone data and the RR to handle it.

Some references:

Great advise, thank you kotarou! I'll check out these forums.

Some references:

http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=318&t=12742&start=15

http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=318&t=14092

FYI, the new nex (8200 nex etc.) units offer OBDII gauges and climate controls......

FYI, the new nex (8200 nex etc.) units offer OBDII gauges and climate controls......

Are you suggesting I should ditch my head unit and invest in the new one just to get features that were promised two iterations back on the 8000NEX?

I'd rather use a firmware update to get these features. Or, better, happily live without them.

I just don't like to be short sold by Pioneer.

Are you suggesting I should ditch my head unit and invest in the new one just to get features that were promised two iterations back on the 8000NEX?

I'd rather use a firmware update to get these features. Or, better, happily live without them.

I just don't like to be short sold by Pioneer.

well I'd say that because your 8000 is now 2 years old, and that the hardware to support it probably was not in that model, I'd say he's right.  I really doubt that you'll see an update to allow for what you want.

That being said, if you don't 'really' need them, then keep what you have.  8)

well I'd say that because your 8000 is now 2 years old, and that the hardware to support it probably was not in that model, I'd say he's right.  I really doubt that you'll see an update to allow for what you want.

That being said, if you don't 'really' need them, then keep what you have.   8)

My head unit is a 8100, less than a year old. But, yes, I don't expect Pioneer to make the 8200 features available on older units, as it would keep people from shelling out money for the new units.