AVIC411.com

NEX 5000 map weirdness just now

Just spoke to Pioneer. They've had the unit since March 16 and just let me know that the "internal service storage card" is defective. OK....oh and they want $132 to fix it. Great. No reason why it became defective after almost 3+ years of flawless operation. This sucks.

Oh well. Sucking it up and paying them to get the unit back. Hopefully 2 weeks they said. Driving around with a massive hole in my dash has been disconcerting these past few weeks. 

Got my unit back Monday, just reinstalled it and it's back up and running. Work order says they replaced the interface assembly- Part #CXX7523. Luckily it was under warranty because it looks like thats a $300+ board, who knows what it would have cost out of warranty.

Not sure what went wrong or why- I didn't hear from anyone at Pioneer and there aren't any tech notes on the work order. I'm wondering if the maestro fried something?

Lack of communication is probably another thread- They got the job done, but without me going to check on the status through the website I would have no idea what was going on. They didn't even shoot me an email to let me know they received it, or fixed it, or shipped it. Seems odd but hey, it's back.

just let me know that the "internal service storage card" is defective. OK....oh and they want $132 to fix it. Great. No reason why it became defective after almost 3+ years of flawless operation.

-Would that be the internal SD card?  I'm tempted to back mine up incase something happens software-wise again, there's talk of how to do that in the development thread but not sure I want to mess with it...

Not sure what the hell is broken/needs to be fixed. the person on the phone just said "internal service storage card", that could be the SD card I suppose.

Anyway, their lack of communication notwithstanding (and I agree, it's piss poor- not even an email FFS?) I hope to have the unit back soon. Website says the repair was completed yesterday so hopefully shipping out soon so I can plug up the giant hole in my dash...

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived yesterday. Installing it today. 

UPDATE: all good but they forgot to ground the brake wire....grrrr

Is this still the correct procedure (copied from another thread here)???:

Step 1 ground parking brake wire

Step 2 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 3 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 4 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

If not pls let me know what the correct procedure is, TYVM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The companies listed in that drop down selection are only local repair shops, not Pioneer themselves. They will charge you for their service AS WELL AS Pioneer's charge. For example: I brought my unit to a local shop here in Dallas and they said they would charge me $125 over & above whatever Pioneer charged (my unit was out of warranty). Another store only would charge $100...and so on.

If your unit is still under warranty, then you should bring it back to the store where you bought it and get them to handle the repair. If no warranty, go direct to Pioneer factory repair here: http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/repair/

Hope this helps.

The companies listed in that drop down selection are only local repair shops, not Pioneer themselves. They will charge you for their service AS WELL AS Pioneer's charge. For example: I brought my unit to a local shop here in Dallas and they said they would charge me $125 over & above whatever Pioneer charged (my unit was out of warranty). Another store only would charge $100...and so on.

If your unit is still under warranty, then you should bring it back to the store where you bought it and get them to handle the repair. If no warranty, go direct to Pioneer factory repair here: http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/repair/

Hope this helps.

Definitely it helps. Thanks. Mine is out of warranty. So much total you had to pay to repair this problem ?

Regards

• 6 years later...