AVIC411.com

need help for NEX4000 img.

Hey franky same thing just happened to me on my AVIC 8000NEX. Attempted firmware update, followed every instruction on the Pioneer website to a "T" and now receive "Software Error - please contact your Pioneer dealer of service center" message.

Needless to say this is extremely disappointing.

Sounds like you know a bit about this subject. The Firmware is stored on an internal SD card?

I'd love to avoid returning the head unit to Pioneer and waiting the month I'm hearing it takes to get this resolved.

Any advice/help you can give would be most appreciated thanks.

Brian

• 9 months later...

Hey JR87, seems this link is broken - do you have a link to a 4000NEX or 5000NEX image?

For all of you folks out there who also need images and cannot find them in this forum: just join the Slack Chat via avichacking.slack.com and ask for help in #general or #questions chats - I'm sure one of the wizards there will help you.

At this point: BIG THANKS TO whatiswhatiswhatis for his help!!! I would also like to thank bass_rock and asd255!! Really cool how you 3 guys reverse-engineered the platform!