AVIC411.com

USB1 to USB hub?

Hi all,

Recently just installed the AVIC-5100 into my Tundra. Plan on using Carplay with an iphone 6s. Since USB1 is used for carplay, firmware updates, uploading background screens, has anyone used a USB hub to split the single USB1? I want to plug in my lightning cable and another cable to plug into the oem usb port in my truck. As of right now, if I want to update the firmware, I have to remove the radio to plug the flash drive into USB1.

You're probably wondering. Why not use the USB that came with the unit and plug the lightning to it? Well, I'm trying to limit the number of visible cables. Right now the lightning is coming out from under the console and is very short and I'd like to keep it that way. It's in a perfect position to plug the phone in and have it stuck to a vent mount.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually removed my cigarette lighter and installed this dual usb flush mount.  I love it and best of all my car wont hold my usb cable hostage and I also hot swap flash drives very easily now. I have them hooked up to usb 1 and 2 and have successfully updated the firmware and Bluetooth with this flush mount. 

http://www.amazon.com/Rerii-Extension-Panel-Flush-Motorcycle/dp/B00XJDP12W/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1459215719&sr=1-7&keywords=usb+mount+car