AVIC411.com

2015 Q3 Maps Available

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going from 2013 Q2 to 2015 Q2 was a huge improvement in graphics and overall mapping quality.  Was worth the update.  My next update wont be until 2017 Q2 comes out.  Overall, Im happy with the maps and head-unit.  Its nice not to have to rely on my phone for my maps.  Especially if Im changing music or if I get a phone call.  Phone call always seems to happen right when Im at a critical turn-off during my drive and then I miss the exit. Ha.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this helps you can do a map search of an area in the pic to get a comparison. The new maps seem more accurate than previous, but I'm not 100% if they are actually better. I just updated them so I will share once I get to see more lanmarks and stuff. One thing I recall is that it did update alot of 3d landmarks in the update. If you don't travel out of state much I would pay for just the update for your region. $129.99 is a bit steep 😓

post-121037-0-71651200-1460393678_thumb.jpg

post-121037-0-10997500-1460393699_thumb.jpg

post-121037-0-31667200-1460393717_thumb.jpg

How did u get a free 2015 q3 update. I just updated my 7000 and it's dated Jul 2014

I purchased the nex new this month off the bay and when I did the update it said I had a free latest map guarantee and it happened to be the 2015 q3. I think its a timing thing with naviextras website and when they release the update to whenever you do your first free latest maps update through their site. I have the file if anyone knows if its able to be used on another unit, I'd share.

Not sure if this helps you can do a map search of an area in the pic to get a comparison. The new maps seem more accurate than previous, but I'm not 100% if they are actually better. I just updated them so I will share once I get to see more lanmarks and stuff. One thing I recall is that it did update alot of 3d landmarks in the update. If you don't travel out of state much I would pay for just the update for your region. $129.99 is a bit steep

Yup that's what I'm running. Message me with email addresses and I'll try and send the file.

Hey, thanks for uploading these 3 pictures of the new maps.  This helps.

Hey, thanks for uploading these 3 pictures of the new maps. This helps.

Welcome, not a prob. I don't recall how they used to look on my last 8100 before I sold it but it does seem to be a considerable upgrade as one of the other posters mentioned. I wouldn't pay the 129.99 if you don't travel much, I would just buy the update for your region.