AVIC411.com

2015 Q3 Maps Available

Sorry - should have stated that I'm attempting to update a recently purchased AVIC-8100nex.

Yes, what you've done wrong is attempt to update your deck using someone else's licensed update. What you need to do is follow the instructions in the Avic Developement Mod thread to unlock your device, then copy the appropriate map files to your device.

It's really not that difficult at all, you just need to read the thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WhatIsWhatIsWhatIsWhat, while i have you around..... is it possible to update the Nav software of the unit to an later/more up to date version? or is this only a firmware upgrade thingy? i have the F60DAB (NEX8000)

Yes, it is possible, especially if you can disable WARP :) You can even install another navigation software, but this is very complex process only for experienced users:

really? hmm interresting. a little more complex than lurking in the test mode and installing maps i bet. or is it? Dunno if Pioneer will release more firmware updates for the F60DAB unit . So upgrading the maps is super, but an software update doesnt hurt either from time from time. if you have more info you could always give me å pm. no need to get this thread bigger with our chit-chat :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys been trying to do some searching around and I see the Q1 2016 maps are available, are there licenses available for these as well yet or no? Is 2015 Q3 the newest I can download to use on my 5100NEX? Downloaded usa/canada HERE 2015Q3 and all of the licenses and am going to move everything over when I get home from work and want to make sure I am doing it properly and with the newest, most up to date/best version out there as there are quite a few road changes happening in my area in the past year. Am I just missing the 2016 license somewhere or is there not one yet, and if not in theory once it becomes available I can just delete the folders or items in the folders I need to and move all 2016 files over and that will update me if and when licenses are available? 

Hey guys been trying to do some searching around and I see the Q1 2016 maps are available, are there licenses available for these as well yet or no? Is 2015 Q3 the newest I can download to use on my 5100NEX? Downloaded usa/canada HERE 2015Q3 and all of the licenses and am going to move everything over when I get home from work and want to make sure I am doing it properly and with the newest, most up to date/best version out there as there are quite a few road changes happening in my area in the past year. Am I just missing the 2016 license somewhere or is there not one yet, and if not in theory once it becomes available I can just delete the folders or items in the folders I need to and move all 2016 files over and that will update me if and when licenses are available? 

When the 2016Q1 lyc appear, you can del the old 2015 files and replace with 2016 yes.

• 2 weeks later...

First, let me say that I was very underwhelmed with the product and support from NaviExtras when I was using it on my Alpine (which I just switched out for a Pioneer ASIC 8200NEX), so I'm not exactly "running" towards them to register and get the "2015Q4 with Latest Map Guarantee".  

Apparently we are to use the AVICSync program to interact with the marketplace and download the various software (new maps, cheap gas, etc). This makes me a bit happier since the NaviExtras Toolbox was a real POS. I had to record items on a microSD card and move it between the Alpine and my Desktop. Ugh.

Question: Is there a way to ask the 8200 which maps it currently has installed?

Although I like Google Maps better then Apple maps, the AppleCar interface only leverages Apple (obviously), and like others, I'm a believer in using the cloud services so I've always got access to the latest. 

So I may download the latest (before my 30 day trial gets turned off), or I may just continue to use the AppleMaps. Not sure yet.

Love the thread ! keep that feedback coming !

-PH

• 1 month later...