AVIC411.com

Annoying video skipping problem 8100NEX

Since I got my unit last April, these problems have been driving me insane.  Pioneer finally sent me a new stereo unit after I was able to take video of it, but now the new unit is doing it.  It's mainly a problem with playing video off the SD card.  My SD card was a class 4 32gb and worked amazingly in my old AVIC3100bt.  I changed cards over to this one a week ago and noticed a big improvement:

PNY Elite Performance 32 GB High Speed SDHC Class 10 UHS-I, U1 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDH32U195-GE)

I finally got brave enough to put my dash back together (it's a royal pita that hasn't been together in the last year)... and now I'm having one of the same problems popping up again.  Totally random, when a video file finishes playing, the system loads the second file in the first video folder.  Happens a couple times a day lately- whatever file I'm playing doesn't matter, it randomly jumps to the second file in the first folder, always.  It was the same on the last stereo unit.  Its one of the most frustrating problems I've ever had with any product.

The card currently has 4 video folders with about 150 video files each.  The files are mp4.  Every file plays well.  Is there a maximum number of files per folder allowed?  There was on my old AVIC...  I guess my next step is having only 1 folder on the card and hopefully it wont randomly jump to file number 2, but hopefully somebody can help me solve this.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. 

I think it's how it buffers the information.... Try is with just 2 or 3 videos on the card, PITA I know, but just for testing

I have a kinda similar issue, my latest iPod Touch will skip about 1/2 second of the song, and during the song it will skip ahead that same time...  so if the song is just the word BANG it starts off as   BANG, you only hear ANG , then later it will be BNG

the other issue is that 3 times so far, as I'm driving, the sound will get VERY distorted, static.... the first couple times, I just turned off the car and back on again, and it was fine  The 3rd time I tested it by switching to something else (Radio) and back and it was fine....

I"m not ready to send this to Pioneer just yet.... the skip is livable, the static has been minimal, but if they get worse I'm calling them.