AVIC411.com

Hi guys,

My problem seems to be hardware specific. I have an X920BT that will display the splash screen and then usually turns off. It would usually turn on for a few seconds and then shut down but occasionally it would stay on for longer periods of time, the longest being about 30 min. 

I've searched for similar problems and tried a lot of software updates and even played with testmode briefly. The unit would shut off before any update could successfully complete and testmode would only work for a few seconds rendering it useless.

So after failed attempts on the software side of things I decided to take it apart and do some tests. I have an AC to DC converter in my house so I brought the unit inside and opened it up for some testing. After testing multiple circuits on the board I think I have discovered the culprit but without a datasheet I can't say for sure.

I have attached a picture of the circuit board itself:

post-131902-0-21423300-1458500849_thumb.jpg

Along with where I believe the problem is:

post-131902-0-80864000-1458500858_thumb.jpg

The input voltage of the circled part is 10.6v but it outputs 30v and everything after that becomes 30v. This only happens with the ribbon cable plugged in, without out it it remains at 10.6v both in and out. I turned the DC voltage for the main unit from 12v to 9.5v and the screen will turn on and stay on although nothing is displayed after the splash screen (presumably because everything else isn't getting enough voltage).

What I would like to know is if anyone can confirm that this is abnormal and/or if anyone can identify that part with a part # (unlikely, I know)? 

Lastly, if anyone has a X920BT with issues apart from the LCD panel and they would like to get rid of the LCD portion I would pay for it. Just PM a price and we'll go from there.

Thanks.