AVIC411.com

8000 to 8200 - direct swap?

My 8000next just died. Does anyone know if I can directly replace it with the 8200 without changing any cables or harnesses?

How did the 8000 die? Just went black? Doesn't turn on?

I'm asking, because my 8100 sometimes starts up without sound. Eventually I figured out that turning off the car and open the door to turn off the radio â€“ a button to turn off the head unit would be great –, then close the door and start the car again, this brings back the sound. Very strange!

How did the 8000 die? Just went black? Doesn't turn on?

I'm asking, because my 8100 sometimes starts up without sound. Eventually I figured out that turning off the car and open the door to turn off the radio â€“ a button to turn off the head unit would be great –, then close the door and start the car again, this brings back the sound. Very strange!

Have you tried just changing the source instead of turning your car off and opening the door? My 8000 does this occasionally, starts with no sound, but once I change source (USB>XM>USB or XM>USB>XM) the sound will work fine. 

Have you tried just changing the source instead of turning your car off and opening the door? My 8000 does this occasionally, starts with no sound, but once I change source (USB>XM>USB or XM>USB>XM) the sound will work fine. 

Great suggestion, I will try that. Thanks!