AVIC411.com

Z130 upgraded to Z140

hello... I have a Z130 that i purchased 2 years ago. I found this forum and I upgraded the unit to the Z140. Pandora worked great with my Android phone ever since. A few times I needed to clear out my phones in the bluetooth list of the head unit. I had the SD card from the original upgrate (FIRMWARE, Update, and CARDINFO.cif) in the glove box since the original upgrade (2+ years). I would just go to the settings on the unit and update the bluetooth. It would run its process and boom - all the phones were cleared out and I could add a phone again to the head unit. The bluetooth version was 3.0 if I remember correctly. 

So I go to update the bluetooth again and now it locks up at 54% progress and 10 minutes remaining. I can not get the unit to boot normally now. I have tried disconnecting the power at the battery. I have tried a different CARDINFO.cif file as well. No luck. Besides sending back to Pioneer with my $230, does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

I tried 3 different SD cards... I even format each one before loading the card too...

do you have any idea how to set this "flag" in the profile folder?

Also, could I get pointed to the original update? Maybe my files are corrupt... like I said it's been about two years since I downloaded the update... its been in a folder on my pc since I first downloaded it... thanks again!

I think you are right, there is a chance of corruption at the source itself.  Do you recall if you were using version 4.000 (CNSD-310FM)?  If so, then this thread may be your ticket.  Link here goes to the download, but page one of this thread shows the version info. 

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade/page-14?&&do=findComment&comment=257032

Be sure that this is what you were using before you give it a shot.  If that doesn't work then we'll check for the backup profile.

I really have no way of knowing what I had. I remember seeing something in the blue tooth as version 3.02 or 3.002 - something like that... but besides that - I really can not remember anything else. And since I can not get it to boot up normally, you think I should just give it a go? I mean, I am already looking at having to send it in to Pioneer with my hard earned cash. I would much rather send you some of it in a gift card!

Just to be clear. Were you doing the full app/map reinstall or just the BT firmware when it croaked?  If it was the full install you might try this from an old post - but you'll need to learn how to run TestMode. I can't see how a bad BT firmware would kill your whole headunit.  However you may be able to "force load" your BT firmware in TestMode. I haven't done this but I thought I saw it buried in the menus.

... I almost bricked my HU just playing with this release. Hint - when stuck in update mode - and the HU keeps insisting that you insert the correct SD, you need to get into TestMode and delete \USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log.

Remove your TestMode SD (or USB stick), and it should restart into regular mode on next power up.

For help with TestMode see this thread - post #4. http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81643-2015-avic-z120-map-update/

If nothing above helps - you could always try loading the 2015 maps/app and the latest BT firmware (v3.32)

In the future I'd recommend against re-flashing Firmware just to clear the paired list. Not really necessary.

If nothing above helps - you could always try loading the 2015 maps/app and the latest BT firmware (v3.32)

well I am up and running now, but the bluetooth is acting up... where would I find this one? thanks again -- soooooooooo much...

well I am up and running now, but the bluetooth is acting up... where would I find this one? thanks again -- soooooooooo much...

Acting up how? Have you tried a cold boot by disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes? Fixes lots of BT issues.

AFA 2015 map upgrade, read the thread in Hacks/Mods.

Yes... I tried the cold boot... restarted the phone after unpairing on my phone... I will look for the AFA 2015 update as you stated...

What model and OS on the phone? Does it work for phone calls? Some problems have been seen with Android 5.x with regard to audio streaming. Mine is a little flakey but works most of the time.

I have a note 5... OS is 5.0.1

it wont even connect now... it used to run fine on bluetooth, calls, and the pandora app... but now, nothing - I can not even get it to pair... this is where I was a few weeks ago... every time it would do this in the past, I would run the bluetooth update from the bluetooth settings on the HU and bam, done, but last time it locked up on me... you got me out of that bind... thanks again... but now I am back to the same issue I was having... 

I have a note 5... OS is 5.0.1

it wont even connect now... it used to run fine on bluetooth, calls, and the pandora app... but now, nothing - I can not even get it to pair... this is where I was a few weeks ago... every time it would do this in the past, I would run the bluetooth update from the bluetooth settings on the HU and bam, done, but last time it locked up on me... you got me out of that bind... thanks again... but now I am back to the same issue I was having... 

Time to actually spend the $200 and fix the radio.  Stop being a tight ass!