AVIC411.com

Can't access Pandora via Android Auto

Greetings All!

Just installed a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. I've got Android Auto installed, and it seems to work with my T-Mobile Note 4, but I have a couple of questions/problems.
1) Pandora is supposed to work with AA, but when I access music, my only options are Amazon Music and Google Music. Pandora is installed on my phone and it streams fine with bluetooth, so how do I get AA to see it? When I touch the apps button, that displays all possible connections, Pandora is there, but it's grayed out.
On a side note, Amazon Music says I have no playlists, which is not correct, as I've linked to a number of Amazon created playlists.

2) Is it possible to use AA to access music stored on my phone? I've got a bunch of songs/playlists on my phone, but I haven't been able to figure out how to access them using AA.

At this point, I can either play music using Bluetooth (stream Pandora or play music from phone) or use AA for navigation, but I can't seem to get nav plus music, which is what I bought the head unit for. sad.png

The 4100 is running 1.03 firmware, my Note 4 is running 5.0.1.  I've been reluctant to upgrade the 4100 firmware to 1.05, due to reading about issues people have had with the install and it causing Bluetooth problems.
FWIW, I have cables for both AA (straight USB) and MirrorLink (using the Samsung HDMI/USB dongle) as well as the 3.5 mm aux cable connected.

Thank you for any help and suggestions.
G

Greetings All!

Just installed a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. I've got Android Auto installed, and it seems to work with my T-Mobile Note 4, but I have a couple of questions/problems.

1) Pandora is supposed to work with AA, but when I access music, my only options are Amazon Music and Google Music. Pandora is installed on my phone and it streams fine with bluetooth, so how do I get AA to see it? When I touch the apps button, that displays all possible connections, Pandora is there, but it's grayed out.

On a side note, Amazon Music says I have no playlists, which is not correct, as I've linked to a number of Amazon created playlists.

2) Is it possible to use AA to access music stored on my phone? I've got a bunch of songs/playlists on my phone, but I haven't been able to figure out how to access them using AA.

At this point, I can either play music using Bluetooth (stream Pandora or play music from phone) or use AA for navigation, but I can't seem to get nav plus music, which is what I bought the head unit for. sad.png

The 4100 is running 1.03 firmware, my Note 4 is running 5.0.1.  I've been reluctant to upgrade the 4100 firmware to 1.05, due to reading about issues people have had with the install and it causing Bluetooth problems.

FWIW, I have cables for both AA (straight USB) and MirrorLink (using the Samsung HDMI/USB dongle) as well as the 3.5 mm aux cable connected.

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

G

1) It might be there, you have to touch the icon again to see the rest of the menu....

2) not sure as I don't use it.... it would be under the Bluetooth option...

Figured it out- apparently you can't use a sideloaded version of Pandora.  So the work-around I've found is that with the Note 4, I can pull up currently running tasks.  So: start AA, pull up Pandora on the phone, start it going, then go back to AA and use the 4100 to control AA navigation from there.  Not as elegant as using just AA, but at least I can get everything working the way I want.
G