AVIC411.com

Am I making the right choice

I'm in the same boat. I really want a solid navigation and solid bluetooth. After reading many posts on this forum, customer reviews on other sites (excluding all the idiots who have no clue about the bypass) I am really starting to opt out of any Pioneer systems.

I was thinking about the Alpine, but way too expensive, and apparently it sucks for navigation.

Noe I am seriously considering the Kenwood DNX7100, everyone loves the navigation (basically a Garmin, though I prefer Tomtom - I have a portable version of both and the Garmin looks graphically better, but tomtom seems to get me where I want slightly better) unfortunately no in dash unit uses tomtom.

Also the Kenwood seems to have a better ipod and bluetooth control, also less expensive. So I'm leaning heavily towards this unit.

I can't find any Kenwood forums though, so I'm still researching since this is a fairly new unit. If I were you, look into it. Don't make any rash decisions, these things aren't cheap. Hope this helps.

well...IMO...it's THE unit to have....I played with some others....and I just don't see that they have what this HU has to offer....

but I will say that I had a very easy install in my truck.....as other members here posted straight up step-by-step instructions on it....I now want one in my Bimmer...check the thread that Picaso started...but am deterred from the negative feedback of easy of install....otherwise...I'm very tempted to go through it....

the freezing thing is a different story....mine has yet to freeze...or really have any issue at all....the GPS did get a little lost for a couple of minutes....but it seems to figure out where it is after wheeling around for about 10 mins.....Pioneer just released an update that will hopefully fix some of those issues.....I would wait for a bit and see what becomes of it....

it's worth waiting for IMO.....this HU has surpassed my expectations....there was alot of features that I did not know this HU had....as I bought it for the features I wanted....so I'm pretty floored by it.....

Yeah, tons of features... perhaps too many that the unit's microprocessor can't keep up and many inconsistencies and flaws have come out. We finally sent our unit in for repair. Problems with Bluetooth, Navigation, and freezing. The dealer we purchased the unit from said they have never seen the number of repairs on the unit than any other car units they have sold.