AVIC411.com

AVICSYNC / 8200

So - I went to update my Latest Q3 2015 map on my phone and then connect to the 8200.  Well - ever since I tried to do that - my 8200 will NOT associate to my phone.  I click on associate and the phone will tell me it has successfully associated, but the 8200 will tell me to accept on the phone or cancel..

I ended up using naviextras PC tool box and updated via USB - which worked fine - but I still am not able to connect my phone using avicsync.. :-(

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Alex

Oops - I'm sorry - I wasn't being very clear..  

- I'm using an iPhone 6

- I'm using the apple lightning cable in USB 1 (i.e. - carplay)

I was using AVSync on the 8200 with this phone for a few days and life was good.  I was able to pull the fuel prices / weather / etc.  I then went to shop and clicked on the Latest Map (Q3 2015).  The phone says INSTALLED - but haven't been able to associate.  I suspect it has to do with the size of the update and that is causing a problem when I try to associate.  I did perform the update via PC Tool Box and a USB stick - so I now have the latest maps installed on the 8200.  I would just like to be able to get the weather / Fuel / etc. working again...

- My Process is to open AVSYNC on my phone

- Plug my phone into the 8200 using the apple cable

- Turn on the car

- Go to the menu on the 8200 to associate a new phone

- click associate

- click accept on the phone

- phone says SUCCESSFUL

- 8200 says - trying to associate " CANCEL?"

thank you!

Alex

I did try Bluetooth - but that option on my 8200 only tells me to open AVSYNC on my phone and I never even get to the associate menu...

Thank you..

Alex

Here is what I did. I also had problems connecting phone to head unit

Unpair Bluetooth, reboot phone restart radio

Pair normal Bluetooth then disable CarPlay on the radio, pair AvicSync now you can re enable CarPlay again and shouldn't have problems

So I have had some success to report..  I did turn OFF Carplay on USB1 and then the AVISYNC would connect.  It also connected on BLUETOOTH.  Going forward should I just have AVISYNC on BT and CARPLAY on USB1?  Is that what is confusing the 8200?

Thank you!

Alex

So I have had some success to report..  I did turn OFF Carplay on USB1 and then the AVISYNC would connect.  It also connected on BLUETOOTH.  Going forward should I just have AVISYNC on BT and CARPLAY on USB1?  Is that what is confusing the 8200?

Thank you!

Alex

The thing I saw with my Android was that with my ipod on USB1, and the Android on USB2, I saw the icon on the lower right that was for AVICSYNC was there but not on, so pressing it it turns it on.

WHen it's on, it's communicating with the server for updates to traffic etc...  

I never found it very useful to I keep it off...

I also see that icon and am NOT able to turn it off by touching it..

I'm wondering if there is a conflict by having both CARPLAY and AVISYNC on USB1.  Do I need to split these up?

Thank you,

Alex

At this point I'm not sure, maybe someone else with a similar setup can chime in?

try variations till it works...  8)

• 1 month later...

Recently installed 8200.

I have been unsuccessful in connecting my android with avicsync.

Android Auto works via USB. I can connect to the HU bluetooth. But I cannot connect to avicsync with USB or BT.

Tried USB1 and USB2. 

Tried unpairing BT with reboots and reinstalls of the app on my phone.

Tried disabling Android Auto.

Tried following the avicsync manual step by step as well.

HU never lists my android to pair in the Nav.

• 10 months later...