AVIC411.com

Hey all, playing around with my new AVIC-6000 NEX. Have the latest and greatest firmware that allows CarPlay. But for some reason, when I use Siri in CarPlay, it seems to take a minute for the speech to get from me to my iPhone 6, almost like lag. I'll say something, then about 3-5 seconds later I'll start to see Siri on screen recognize me speaking. AM I doing something wrong here?

things to ry to narrow it down...

iPhone on 9.3.1?

test it with the phone only , in the car

it could be a normal thing, I don't use an iphone...   could be road noise, I know that sometimes my android will sit for a second or tow before it does anything , I can see the meters moving on the HU in Android Auto (not sure if you see the same thing with CarPlay)

things to ry to narrow it down...

iPhone on 9.3.1?

Was happening before and after update.

test it with the phone only , in the car

I've tried over just bluetooth and no problem or lag. I've tried a call over CarPlay and no noticeable lag.

it could be a normal thing, I don't use an iphone...   could be road noise, I know that sometimes my android will sit for a second or tow before it does anything , I can see the meters moving on the HU in Android Auto (not sure if you see the same thing with CarPlay)

Close, it's this meter I'm talking about. I'll speak and then a few seconds later it'll move about. siri.jpg

I'd call Pioneer and ask them about it.... being the unit is fairly new could be a future revision of the HU needed (1.0 to 1.1 etc).... See if anyone else down the road has this same issue 

Remember the phone is going out to Apple then back to you with the response , could be that through the HU it's delayed, thus the update (when it comes out)

if you try to use Siri while using CarPlay it's really hit or miss, it can be slow responses or no responses, disconnect the lightning cable so your not using CarPlay and Siri seems to be much more responsive.

iPhone 6plus

Avic 8000

Software and firmware up to date

• 6 months later...