AVIC411.com

Please help to unbrick

Hello again, maybe someone who has avh-x8700bt can export snapshot for me? I dont sure that it will help but need to try. All you need to do, insert only usb to port1, go to developer mode and click "Export snapshot image" I tried to do this on avh-x8600bt, it create folder KM500UW with file KM500UW-snapshot (262 080 Kb). I think that this is firmware snapshot, but i can not boot with this file, because i have no proper folder name for avh-x8700bt, file and dont know how =(

Hello. Export snapshot image function is broken in pioneer's firmware and can not be used. Bug in export code produces 256 Mb file filled with first 128KB chunks of original data from internal sd card. Even more, catch snapshot mode is intended for creation of this snapshot in internal sd card, not importing already created snapshot from external storage.

You locked your device in unbootable state. In catch snapshot mode kernel loads about 1-2 seconds and then reboots. All that you need is connect USB-UART adapter (China-made $2 clone of FT232RL, CP2102 or something like this) to yellow connector at the back side of device and revert boot mode using bootloader's console (very easy method). You can also unbrick device by attaching JTAG adapter to edit NOR flash memory directly (it is very difficult).

If you have google account I can add you to our google hangouts pioneer-related chat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello there,

I am trying to connect my AVIC-F960BT with Raspbery pi, after enter in "cacth snapshot" but I got no response. What am I doing wrong?

Do I need enter anything to get u-boot console? Cannot use raspberry gpio uart?

UPDATE: Nevermind. I think it was noise only, and suddenly after hit the keyboard like an ape, it just started work, but the buffer was full and I couldn't see what I pressed. But it restarted and worked again!!! Maybe somebody can make a tutorial about u-boot command line. Tks

• 3 months later...

can someone offers some details about how to connect on UART? I have a F860BT in boot loop, restarting itself

UPDATE: found it, I will post it here 

more info http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81469-avic-development-mod-device-backup/page-2&do=findComment&comment=340156

hey wondering how you made out? I think i accidentally had disable and enable warp when i ran script.  pioneer logo then black screen.  I have saved nor files and wondering how you made out.  any info would help as to steps.

Much Thanks

hey wondering how you made out? I think i accidentally had disable and enable warp when i ran script.  pioneer logo then black screen.  I have saved nor files and wondering how you made out.  any info would help as to steps.

Much Thanks

hi, you need to connect on UART and run "bsp init" to restore boot

• 2 years later...