AVIC411.com

Cannot Update to 1.11 from 1.05(NEX5000)

I installed a NEX5000 unit into my car last December and was able to successfully update from 1.01 to 1.05 however, i want to update from 1.05 to 1.11 and i always get stuck with "update error please make sure the update is the only file on your drive" 

i have made sure the only file is AVIC5000NEX with its contents are on its drive on a flash drive, SD card, another flash drive and even reformatted all of them to FAT32, I'm at wits end can anyone help me here?

I installed a NEX5000 unit into my car last December and was able to successfully update from 1.01 to 1.05 however, i want to update from 1.05 to 1.11 and i always get stuck with "update error please make sure the update is the only file on your drive" 

i have made sure the only file is AVIC5000NEX with its contents are on its drive on a flash drive, SD card, another flash drive and even reformatted all of them to FAT32, I'm at wits end can anyone help me here?

If you downloaded it with a Mac, the mac puts hidden files.  If you have a windows box, use that

I'll assume you got that folder from the pioneer site.

If you downloaded it with a Mac, the mac puts hidden files.  If you have a windows box, use that

I'll assume you got that folder from the pioneer site.

oh yes i also tried all of the above with my mac and pc because i do remember that macs do that and yes downloaded the file directly from the site 

Yep path looks like

flash drive -> AVIC5000NEX - > contents 

Ok, well it was a thought... being that you said it's telling you that the folder contains the wrong info, now it's hard to say.

Try re downloading it... you probably did already...

Could be a defective file.... call Pioneer to make sure of that... 

Ok, well it was a thought... being that you said it's telling you that the folder contains the wrong info, now it's hard to say.

Try re downloading it... you probably did already...

Could be a defective file.... call Pioneer to make sure of that... 

ill try giving them a call 

i have re-downloaded it twice on two computers yes, maybe if someone has the file on here? or the 1.10 file?

I happened to be poking around on another site looking for different things when I stumbled upon a thread that had something to do with firmware updates and the person had asked whether the parking brake was applied. That seemed to solve the problem for that person. Maybe it will help if you apply your parking brake.