AVIC411.com

AVH-4100NEX possessed

Good morning.  I recently installed the Pioneer AVH-4100NEX in my 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU and 90% of it works great.  Here's a list of what works and what doesn't work:

1) Bluetooth audio works

2) Bluetooth phone no audio

3) Siri hears me and obeys

4) Siri responses no audio

5) Carplay audio works

6) Maps notifications no audio

Now, the weird part is that I heard Siri for 30 minutes the other day when I was driving around town.  She worked beautifully, and then never again.  I've had the unit installed for 2 months now and am running on 1.0.5 firmware.

Do I just have a bad head unit?

Use the volume control to adjust Siri's volume. This can only be done while Siri is "active". Otherwise the volume control will adjust the media volume instead (as expected). If you observe the volume levels on the screen you can see that they are independent. It's pretty easy to accidentally change Siri's volume. That feature should be in a separate setting IMO. 

Use the volume control to adjust Siri's volume. This can only be done while Siri is "active". Otherwise the volume control will adjust the media volume instead (as expected). If you observe the volume levels on the screen you can see that they are independent. It's pretty easy to accidentally change Siri's volume. That feature should be in a separate setting IMO.

I saw the volume button on the bottom right and turned that up, still nothing.

In my OP I said that Siri worked for like 30 minutes the other day and it's never worked again. I haven't adjusted anything.

I wonder if the unit is just bad or I have a loose connection somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

2) Bluetooth phone no audio

6) Maps notifications no audio

sound BT HF and maps notifications output through the front speakers
You are not Connect the speakers properly.

To check it out.
Move the mixer only on the front speakers.
no sound -> you properly connect the front speakers

post-124717-0-11132400-1465173052_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the ideas! Sorry I got swamped at work. I loaded iOS10 beta on my iphone and now most of my issues are fixed. I'm going to keep testing and see how everything works however I hear text messages now and Siri listens when she is supposed to.