AVIC411.com

Just order the 8200nex from crutchfield

New to the forum and to the NEX model line. I just ordered the 8200 with the axxess kits recommended by crutchfield for my 2006 GMC YukonXL Denali that has factory Bose, Nav, SAT radio, and rear dvd. Does anyone know of any gotchas out there? I have already learned the i need to take my green parking brake with and hook it into the ground wire on the harness... what else? thanks.

I just got the AVIC-6200NEX last week and I am having issues with the usb ports reading flash drives. I have done test with them loaded with FLAC files in varying sizes ranging from 4Gb flash by Sandisk to a 500Gb SSD by Samsung. Hopefully you have better luck. I thought about exchanging it for the 8200NEX, but I don't like the motorized door and I can't imagine the units being that different other than the motorized door and extra SD option. It is also difficult finding support with the newer units, even on the Pioneer site. I tried to contact them through the site and they referred me to a local dealer. So I am sensing that they will take your money, but do not want to provide you support. I hope your experience is better than mine with Pioneer. Good Luck.