AVIC411.com

I Only Have 2 Issues w/ The AVIC-6200NEX... USB 1 & 2

I finally took the plunge last week and got the AVIC-6200NEX. I really like the thought of FLAC playback support, but I am having issues with the USB (1 or 2) reading my flash drives. I know they have to read them to index the files, but it gets stuck. I have used a variety of drives ranging from a 4Gb flash (Sandisk) all the way to a 500Gb SSD (Samsung). I plug them in, they play the first song, but not the next and get stuck at 20-30% read. I could take that same stick and reinsert, then get the incompatible USB message... Is there some sort of trick to being able to use the USB that I am overlooking? Am I being Punk'd? I thought about exchanging it for the 8200, but I fear the issues could persist since they are the new models with very little support that I have found, even on the Pioneer website. Pioneer actually referred me to a local dealer. Does anyone think I got a bunk unit or does anyone have an idea on a fix? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

500gb is way to big, I'm using a 128gb ssd with 70% flac without issue. The deeper the file structure the harder it is to index. There is no need to have log files and m3u and crap in the folders. Im guessing the index was idling on that 500gb drive, I waited 4 hours on a long drive on a 500gb and gave up.

500gb is way to big, I'm using a 128gb ssd with 70% flac without issue. The deeper the file structure the harder it is to index. There is no need to have log files and m3u and crap in the folders. Im guessing the index was idling on that 500gb drive, I waited 4 hours on a long drive on a 500gb and gave up.

The 500gb was barely filled with about 80gb of flac music. I did realize that the image files were way to big and there was no need for the logs, m3u, or other cue related stuff. I am also going through and making sure all my tag information is correct. I do have a theory that if all the tag info is correct, I won't need the use of folders and I can just dump the files on the drive. It shouldn't be to difficult to index with no folder structure and I will still be able to access by artist, album, etc...