AVIC411.com

AVH-4200NEX issues

Last night I installed a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX in my 2011 Silverado.

I used the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR with GM5 for my truck. I also installed the Sirius SXV300 tuner as well as the microbypass. I flashed the module from the iDatalink website first. Everything from my steering wheel including the phone hookup should all be working, but isn't. Also the unit itself is being very buggy. I can turn it on and hook up bluetooth to my phone and play pandora or just the regular HD radio but something is off. 

For instance, when i try to turn the volume up, the volume bar at the bottom flashes for a quick millisecond and then the bluetooth menu pops up. When I try to eject so that I could load a CD/DVD, the phone book menu opens. I have no idea what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. Would this be caused from a wiring issue like something is exposed and potentially touching something or is it from a possible bad ground or what? 

I'm trying to avoid just thinking I have a bad unit and putting the blame on myself during the install, but it's acting strangely.

Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that were wondering, this was a silly problem. Looking at the wiring diagram, it appeared as if the 3.5mm audio cable as well as the data cable from the maestro were to be plugged in to the back of the 4200. I unplugged the 3.5mm audio cable coming from the maestro to the head unit and voila. Everything worked perfectly. I suppose it means that depending on your head unit, one of them has to be plugged in but not both? Any-who, it all works now. Good stuff.