AVIC411.com

Your question intrigues me... Do you mean that you can dump an image of the operating system? I just got the AVIC-6200NEX. I am will to give it a shot if you could point me in the right direction. Is there a tutorial or how-to available? I am on it, if so...

Your question intrigues me... Do you mean that you can dump an image of the operating system? I just got the AVIC-6200NEX. I am will to give it a shot if you could point me in the right direction. Is there a tutorial or how-to available? I am on it, if so...

Please try to backup your device: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81469-avic-development-mod-device-backup/

We just need x200 backup image.

Yep that is correct! There are a group of us working to see if we can modify it. (Which is possible, you just lose WARP!)  However a cross-upgrade may be possible depending on what changed.  If you follow WhatIsWhatIsWhatIsWhat's instructions you can backup the OS and upload it for us to examine and try on older units.

• 2 weeks later...

i have aecess too all the NEX radios. What Do I need from the 7200NEX to upgrade my 7100NEX???? What size USB should I nedd and how many?

NTFS-formatted USB stick is needed for backup image (size depends on device's internal sd card size (can be 4, 8, 16 GB)). For testmode key and copy script you can use USB stick of any size.

You can find additional info here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81469-avic-development-mod-device-backup/

• 6 years later...
37 minutes ago, FeloniusMonkey said:

Did anything ever become of this experiment? I still have a 6000NEX (F960BT), and am curious if it's worth trying to load another device's firmware.

no

there are hardware differences between x000 and x100