AVIC411.com

Had 8200 installed and used Android Auto to view Google Maps.  After three days the navi map stopped loading; instead, the display would say "igo" and show a spinning wheel, then after a few seconds,  revert to the main display page. The installer replaced the unit and after three weeks, it happened again.  Google Maps works fine, but it seems to have stopped the nex 8200 navi map from loading.  Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Charles

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the issue as well. It happened after just one day... after install everything worked fabulous and then next day starting up my vehicle nav would just spin and spin and say Loading iGo... I do know that iGo has something to do with the Avicsync app... i'm wondering if and when my phone was plugged in with that app it fudged up my Nav. 

Bleh, I'm going to call pioneer tomorrow. I left an inquiry online. I'm just wondering if the repair is actually updating the faulty parts or just replacing the same ones it had before. Because since I've only had my radio installed for a day I'm going to push they send me a replacement. If not it better be because it's getting updated less problematic parts.

**UPDATE**

Well i basically filled out a report of the issue online to their Customer Support department on saturday since they were closed on the weekends. I figured they'd call me and run some Troubleshooting questions by me. Well this morning i got the following e-mail.  

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

You have a defective unit and unless the dealer will exchange it you will
need to ship the unit to Pioneer for warranty repairs.

David
Product Support Representative"

Looks like there isn't much troubleshooting needed with what i described it's obvious to them it's a known issue and has to be replaced or sent back for repairs... I'm going to see if i can get my dealer to send me a advance replacement since it's been less than 30 days of purchase. Sucks... hopefully they can send me a unit with a later build date hopefully it's not a bad batch. This one was built back in February 2016. 

The dealer/installer (if they are an authorized Pioneer dealer that is) should stand behind the product and put a new one in for you. They can deal with the hassles of sending the defective unit back.

Did you ever fill out the warranty paperwork at all? Just curious...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as of now i'm getting a replacement from the dealer. Pioneer considers that issue as the unit being defective, so there isn't any out of the box solution that's is directly from pioneer. Now if you are feeling bold, you can pull open your headunit and remove and replace the internal SD car with equal storage size or larger after you upload the back up data that is provided by members on here. If this issue happens again i am going to do that. 

Well, as of now i'm getting a replacement from the dealer. Pioneer considers that issue as the unit being defective, so there isn't any out of the box solution that's is directly from pioneer. Now if you are feeling bold, you can pull open your headunit and remove and replace the internal SD car with equal storage size or larger after you upload the back up data that is provided by members on here. If this issue happens again i am going to do that. 

Thanks a lot for your reply. Will replacing Internal SD card with back up data will resolve this issue ? What exactly is stored in SD card and from where i can get the back up data ? I will try searching more on this forum but if you can please respond , i will be a great help. Thanks and Regards

From what i'm hearing which is more assumption... the "igo" is the map data on initial boot up of the nav.... But that isn't for certain... no one has tried that to see if it would fix the issue. But when my warranty is up on the headunit then i may try and go that route. 

anagpal: you asked the same question in my post. The internal SD card is not a normal SD card that you can swap out. It's a hardware "hard drive" with all the iGo map data on it. It has to be serviced by a Pioneer tech or someone v familiar with the unit. They are the only ones who can fix this issue.

What exactly is stored in SD card?

Internal SD card contains Android system, user data and maps. SD card is partitioned into 8 partitions: two android boot partitions, two recovery boot partitions, /system readonly partition where Android system files stored, /data partition for program data (also for iGO navigation user profile, preferences, tracks and so on), /cache partition for temporary data and /extdata partition where iGO maps and licenses stored, also this partition for databases with user settings, media info and so on. At the beginning of sd card there is also unpartitioned special space with WARP driver and WARP snapshot data used for fast start.

But there are members that have unlocked the data on the current SD cards and have backed it up... and have claimed that it can be uploaded onto another SD card with proper method and it would operate just like the one pioneer puts in there. But no, it's not a simple copy paste job. 

But there are members that have unlocked the data on the current SD cards and have backed it up... and have claimed that it can be uploaded onto another SD card with proper method and it would operate just like the one pioneer puts in there. But no, it's not a simple copy paste job. I have gone through development threads . Do you know if these procedures have been done with positive outcomes and the results have been sucessful.