AVIC411.com

is there a way to power the unit off  other then just screen off ?

can't seem to locate anything.

also i wish the center button on the remote could be used to skip preset radio stations , so much  comfy in the hand  rather then fighting to find the 2 smaller buttons at verry bottom of the remote.

ok thanks , was hoping to get it to power down if needed , also  weather  on the map  is there anyway to get canada  to show up   as it only shows us cities and i have correct region selected.

What are you looking for besides 'cities' ?

Red in quote means U.S.  He's wanting his local Canadian cities.

.......and it turns the screen black. Thats it. The unit is still powered up.

not sure what you're talking about. I get to a screen that among a bunch of selections has a power off selection. hit that and the unit turns off. 

not sure what you're talking about. I get to a screen that among a bunch of selections has a power off selection. hit that and the unit turns off. 

Unless you have the 8200, no it doesn't. If you have a powered antenna, it'll stay up.

Im curious why anyone needs the unit to shut off completely?

because   the odd odd time if the map freezes  constantly trying to load ect ,  only way out  in my car is to put in park shut off my car and open driver door,  al that just to get the deck to reboot.