AVIC411.com

Hi Gang,

I purchased an SPH-DA120 from a close friend who had it installed by a professional shop in a Honda Eleement. I have all the paperwork, including receipt and registration info. Upon installing it into my truck and powering on the unit for the first time I was stuck on the Password Entry screen. 

Long story short my friend doesn't recall ever setting a password and the shop he had it installed at doesn't have record of setting a password on the unit. Password hint was left blank as well so I am stuck with either sending it off to Pioneer or hopefully able to recover the password?

I found thanks to this forum information on an older unit where people were able to put the unit in testmode and retrieve the password. The link I found on this forum is here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32929-x930bt-password-recovery/

My question(s): 

Using the same method above with a flash drive plugged into USB Port 1, could I navigate to the folder where the password file is stored? Being that the unit is touch screen will I be able to navigate to the menus in test mode? 

Would doing a firmware upgrade possibly wipe the password?? (long shot I know but wanted to ask). 

I'm going to try and tackle this over the weekend coming up and wanted to get some input from those of you with experience using this method. If i'm SOL I will go ahead and pull the unit. I certainly don't want to harm the unit and if needs be am willing to send it off to Pioneer and pay the $80 fee but would LOVE LOVE LOVE to able to use this thing and not have to take it out and send it off. 

I appreciate any feedback you can give!!! 

Ended up sending the unit off to Pioneer for a password reset. Shipped the unit next day air and hope to get a call by Friday to pay for the reset ($80 US). 

If anybody still has input on putting this unit in testmode, I'd love to know how. 

My card was charged the $80 fee and Pioneer said the unit is on its way back with no password set. Such a pain in the a$$ to do but so glad there was not any issues with having this procedure done. 

FWIW - if you are in the same position I was, make sure you have the original paper work that has your serial number on it. If you do not have this document enclosed with the unit when you ship it, they will not perform any work/repair on the unit.