AVIC411.com

Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance for being so green on the subject........

As the title states, is there a way to get to testmode? I purchased my unit from a close friend whom purchased it brand new and had it installed professionally. The shop that installed it doesn't recall ever setting a password and my friend doesn't know what it would be. 

I'm trying to save having to send it to Pioneer to unlock and wanted to see what's possible? 

I have tried a few testmode downloads but nothing has work so far. I have loaded up the file(s) onto a USB flash drive and inserted it into USB Port 1. I turn the truck on and the unit boots up but always reverts back to the password screen.

Please help! If not i'm sending the unit out to Pioneer and paying the $80.00 fee   :?

Ended up sending the unit off to Pioneer for a password reset. Shipped the unit next day air and hope to get a call by Friday to pay for the reset ($80 US). 

If anybody still has input on putting this unit in testmode, I'd love to know how. 

My card was charged the $80 fee and Pioneer said the unit is on its way back with no password set. Such a pain in the a$$ to do but so glad there was not any issues with having this procedure done. 

FWIW - if you are in the same position I was, make sure you have the original paper work that has your serial number on it. If you do not have this document enclosed with the unit when you ship it, they will not perform any work/repair on the unit. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/6/2016 at 1:51 AM, TXR32 said:

Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance for being so green on the subject........

As the title states, is there a way to get to testmode? I purchased my unit from a close friend whom purchased it brand new and had it installed professionally. The shop that installed it doesn't recall ever setting a password and my friend doesn't know what it would be. 

I'm trying to save having to send it to Pioneer to unlock and wanted to see what's possible? 

I have tried a few testmode downloads but nothing has work so far. I have loaded up the file(s) onto a USB flash drive and inserted it into USB Port 1. I turn the truck on and the unit boots up but always reverts back to the password screen.

Please help! If not i'm sending the unit out to Pioneer and paying the $80.00 fee   :?

I know it's late but this might help others in the same situation:

(Space) (space) SERVICE (space) PASS (space) OFF (space)

Then press and hold on the upper left corner of the screen (hidden button)